about.me is a one-page website for freelancers, entrepreneurs, and side hustlers to present who they are and what they do in one link — to help grow their audience or attract new clients. We’re looking for a Product Designer, located in San Francisco, who will work collaboratively with our small team of product managers, product marketing managers, and engineers to conceptualize and execute the best product experiences for our free and paid users. We believe that all good design starts with understanding our users.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Define and work through complex end-to-end UX flows for all user scenarios and personas
- Facilitate product discovery: generate hypotheses and new concept ideas, rapidly prototype and test out those ideas, and conduct user research
- Understand how to incorporate both qualitative and quantitative research into the design process and be able to articulate and defend design decisions using this research as an input and a guide
- Follow through on delivery by creating assets as well as appropriate documentation and artifacts to support the team in shipping product
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of design experience, preferably with consumer-facing and/or subscription based products
- A curious self-starter who understands the problems that need to be solved and is able to distill complicated problems into simple, minimal solutions
- A candid communicator and strong collaborator with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience planning and running user research practices
- Solid working knowledge of the latest design tools
- Understanding of fluid responsive design for common device breakpoints
Contact us with your resume and a link to your about.me page!