UX Designer/Quality Assurance Manager
White Plains, New York
Rail Europe, Inc.
Rail Europe represents more than 50 European train companies and is a one-stop shop for travel planning and booking. The leading distributor of European rail products, Rail Europe offers a wide range of rail passes, train tickets and sightseeing activities. An essential part of the vacation planning process, the company’s website offers a user-friendly booking engine, knowledgeable experts, online rail pass finder, virtual tours, interactive maps and much more. Rail Europe provides a cost and time-effective and seamless travel experience by enabling travelers to plan and book their European travel details in advance and with ease.
We are currently seeking an innovative, technologically savvy individual to become our new UX Designer/Quality Assurance Manager.
Reporting to the Performance Manager, the professional we select for this important role will design and improve all of the user paths of our websites, and ensure a positive user experience.
- Translating concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitating the client’s product vision by researching, concepting, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Designing and delivering wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identifying design problems and devising elegant solutions.
- Making strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core and new functions and features.
- Collaborating on testing of new features to meet UX requirements.
- Taking a user-centered design approach and rapidly testing and iterating designs.
- Organizing and leading focus groups and interviews.
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders.
- Providing global support for the graphic design and visual identity of our websites and brand.
- Taking smart risks and championing new ideas.
- Three or more years of UX design experience.
- Expertise in UX software, including InVision, Axure, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer and similar programs.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that align with client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience using UX design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, sub-systems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently, and clearly/effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Willingness to assist teammates by sharing knowledge and experience, as well as learn from them.
- Passion for all things UX and other areas of design and innovation, and enthusiasm for researching and showcasing knowledge of the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
Put your career on the right track with Rail Europe, where we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org