We’re looking for a web developer to join our team in Cornwall. We’d love to hear from anyone who is as passionate about creating beautiful, usable and scalable websites as we are.
The role is ideal for a recent graduate, although you don’t have to have a degree if you’ve got experience fo’ reals. You’ll get £18–24k for your troubles depending on experience, plus a company MacBook and phone.
We understand that there’s life outside work, and we don’t work weekends or evenings – and you won’t be asked to either.
If that wasn’t enough you’ll also get an annual £1000 conference & training budget, 23 days holiday (+ bank holidays) and some time off for mince pies at Christmas.
Here’s that list of the things we’re looking for:
- A detailed understanding of coding usable websites. Responsive, accessible and progressive design is our bag
- Knowledge of what a CMS is, and being able to code in PHP and Python
- A love of templating languages such as Twig and Nunjucks
- Experience using git and git-based workflows
- Have at least shaken hands with things like Node, Sass and Gulp
- Testing and QA being second nature, and getting stuck in through browser and device testing
- Response to bug reports and site maintenance
- Being able to help with estimating new projects
- Being an all round lovely human being
Bonus points for:
- Having built something with Django, or ideally Wagtail
- Experience with CommonJS modules and ES6
- Experience with building REST APIs, and integrating with third-party ones
- Docker knowledge
- Understanding how DNS works
How to apply
Contact us through this site and tell us a little about yourself, and why you’d like to work at fffunction.
Of course, we’d love to see your work, so please provide some examples.
Please note: this role is for someone based in Cornwall. Whilst we offer ad-hoc remote working, the majority of our time is spent in our lovely studio near the river.
Company MacBook and phone | Annual £1000 conference & training budget | 23 days holiday (+ bank holidays) | Time off for mince pies at Christmas