At ThoughtSpot, we’re driven by the mission to make a dent in the universe. Our search-driven data analytics solution is used by some of the most successful companies in the world – in industries such as retail, finance, healthcare and manufacturing.
Instead of waiting for weeks for their business intelligence teams to build reports and dashboards for them, any user at these companies can now get answers from their data through an easy search interface that returns answers and charts in seconds even from hundreds of terabytes of data. We were recently recognized as one of 2016’s Best Places to Work by the SF Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
We have an exceptionally strong engineering team – from companies such as Google, Amazon, Facebook and Microsoft. The ThoughtSpot Analytical Search solution brings together several web-scale technologies to the enterprise.
We are looking for a senior SDET Engineer (software development in test) to join our world-class team in the San Francisco Bay Area. You will be responsible for validating our product from end-user’s perspective. You will provide both qualitative and quantitative feedback on the product and influence its features. You should have an unrelenting customer focus, strong attention to detail and a passion for breaking things! The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who loves to play with numbers and is hungry to build a career in a technology company.
As a MTS-SDET( aka Member of Technical Staff- Software Development in Test), you will be handling several aspects of testing ThoughtSpot’s product/features along several dimensions (front-end, backend, performance, platform, systems). As a part of the testing team you will be driving development of the test plan based on the TS BI product/feature specs, create test content and execute them to maintain product/feature health. These tests would desirably be automated (in most cases) and can be regularly used to assess product feature health and facilitate various product releases.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 3-4+ more years of Software testing experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- BE or MS in Computer Science/EE or related engineering stream is required.
- Familiarity with infrastructure testing
- The ability to operate Independently
- Startup experience highly desirable
- Automation experience is essential
- Understand complex systems/features and be the gatekeepers of all aspects of product quality.
- Participate in feature handoffs and design reviews with the development team and drive test plan reviews based out of feature spec and related testing requirements
- Write and execute automated test content to functionally validate product features on a continuous basis.
- Maintain design health through test regression runs and facilitate smooth future releases.
- Track product defects and drive fixes seeking closure through additional tests as needed.
- Collaborate with product management, customer success team and support team to identify product use case nuances and issues and bring them in the testing scope.
- Work on qualifying new platforms (physical + virtual/cloud based) platform as reference architecture for delivering TS solutions.
- Monitor several aspects of performance for the TS BI product across various delivery platforms and come up with tests and processes to track performance metrics across releases
What we can offer - Benefits & Perks:
- Gym & Fitness allowance
- Commuter Passes
- Catered Gourmet Meals
- Happy Hours
- Transparent Culture
- Competitive Stock Options program
More About ThoughtSpot
The value of data in the enterprise is rapidly increasing, but access to that data remains in the hands of highly skilled analysts and IT professionals. ThoughtSpot is building a truly revolutionary next generation data analysis solution, bringing new technologies and ideas to a traditional, business-critical enterprise problem. Our team consists of smart and accomplished people from some of the most innovative technology companies, passionate about building an exceptional product.
ThoughtSpot is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.