You will help produce great quality front-end code, working in collaboration with our existing senior developers realising our designs and pushing the creative opportunities of code whilst adhering to best practices in accessibility, UX, usability and front-end development.
Whilst we expect you to bring your own experience and perspective, it is essential that you feel comfortable sharing your work and ideas with others. We have a starting codebase for projects but this is a living, breathing and collaborative entity that evolves with every project.
You will be comfortable working to deadlines, self-motivated and able to manage your own time and responsibilities but also happy working with our developers imparting wisdom, experience and other useful nuggets.
Necessary skills and requirements
- Minimum of 4 years working in an agency environment
- Solid understanding of CSS and Sass
- Good knowledge of HTML5, and how to use it properly
- Solid understanding of Adobe CS, specifically Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Gulp or other task managers. Familiarity with webpack a bonus
- Experience working with Git version control
- Good communication skills - a polite friendly manner goes a long way
- A positive, easy going attitude
Nice to have …
- Modular, component-based approach to CSS and JS, e.g. BEM
- HTML Preprocessors: e.g. Nunjucks/Pug
- Experience with Vue/React and accompanying ecosystems
- Experience of implementing full sites using a Content Management System
- Experience working with Twig/Craft CMS a bonus
Competitive salary. Generous holidays (and your birthday off). Workplace pension scheme. Support for conference attendance and training opportunities
Please apply with a CV, covering letter, link to Github profile/examples of work and salary expectations.