CNDLS is looking for a web developer who is passionate about helping faculty, staff and students solve problems by applying good design and development practices. The position is perfect for candidates who want to gain exposure to a wide variety of projects—from developing unique learning tools and educational technologies to developing interactive websites for events and courses to developing web applications that could be used by thousands of users across the globe. If you’re someone who’s always looking to learn more, to pick up new skills, and to apply them in a dynamic educational environment, this is the position for you. We’re a very collaborative organization and you’ll be able to partner creatively and strategically with a team that is very passionate about design and innovative user interactions across all the work that we do.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science or other related fields)
- At least two years of experience in web development
- Working with Wordpress (designing and developing plugins and themes)
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Django (or similar frameworks)
- Practical knowledge of responsive web development
- Have general experience with server-side technology, including PHP and Python.
- Value mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience with Bootstrap (or other similar frameworks).
- Experience with Apache web server.
- Experience with RHEL
- Experience with Heroku and AWS
- Insight of user-centered design and knowledge of web design principles
CNDLS will be accepting applications until the position is filled. When applying, please make sure to include resume, cover letter and links to your portfolio and/or to your work online. We look forward to hearing from you.