We’re a community of designers, engineers, and product managers who are passionate about building quality software. While our environment is collaborative and relaxed, we build products that are well-considered and well-architected.
We’re looking for a thoughtful and passionate Product Designer to join our team. You will become a central part of the product team, working directly with product managers and clients to solve big problems and alongside our engineers to build performant, user-centric products for the web and mobile. Product designers at Postlight are expected to be experienced in multiple design disciplines and fluent in the language of how digital products work today.
Who you are:
- You’re comfortable working on products from brainstorming to implementation
- You have experience working closely with developers, product managers and other designers as well as clients
- You’re comfortable presenting to your work internally and to stakeholders
- You’re able to engage actively with clients and take the lead in design conversations
- You’re able to create and execute designs both from a blank slate and within existing work
- You’re excited about learning new skills and exploring new interface paradigms
- You love what you do and get excited about the future of products
What you have:
- Portfolio of design work that demonstrates a meticulous, thoughtful approach and attention to detail
- Experience in creating digital and responsive design for web and mobile
- Deep expertise with Sketch, Figma or Adobe Creative Cloud and experience of documenting your designs
- Ability to collaborate with other designers both internally and from client teams and rapidly adapt to feedback
- Past experience in communicating with clients and a proven history of successful design implementations
- Strong understanding of typography, information hierarchy, color, and other UI concerns
- Understanding of web standards, browser and mobile capabilities, and UX best practices
- Willingness to give and accept constructive criticism
- A positive attitude, a sense of humor and a desire to build accessible products for all users
We’re headquartered in the Flatiron District of Manhattan, but we’re remote friendly. A third of our team works remotely, so we know how to keep everyone on the same page.
We offer competitive salaries and extensive benefits packages, as well as a number of other perks like weekly company lunches and all the PB&Js you can eat. We encourage on-going learning in all forms and have a Professional Development Program supporting that.
Work-life balance is an important part of our DNA. From game nights and happy hours to hosting events in our beautiful office, we know how to have fun.
Postlight is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage from your first day, with options to enroll in renters, auto, home, pet, and a variety of other insurances; Generous PTO plus sick days whenever you need them; Weekly company lunches, daily snacks and soft drinks; Professional Development Budget for ongoing learning