There is no other Front-end role quite like this:
- We’re a small, focused and talented team with huge influence across a global org
- We share ownership in the vision, the stack, and the development of Egencia’s core web platform
- We work very closely with a talented design team on UI/UX, and just as closely with over a dozen engineering teams across the globe
- We are actively working in a market where innovation and disruption opportunities abound!
We are seeking a talented mid-senior Front-end Engineer. You are passionate about the web and all things front-end. You embrace creative thinking and are excited to further Egencia’s position as the technology leader in the corporate travel space.
You have excellent cross-functional interaction and communication skills, and a real passion for web-based technologies, and a strong can-do attitude.
Share ownership in Egencia’s Web Platform, which includes beautiful UI library development, server-side and client-side component design and development, client-side architecture, and other fun projects like incorporating WebSockets and ServiceWorker (for offline support).
Help the team establish a Web Application Center of Excellence to act as facilitators of research, teaching, training, and review of web development across Egencia.
- Backbone, Angular, React/Flux, Ember, or similar
- Less, Sass, or similar
- Gulp, Grunt, or similar
- HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery expertise
- Node.js or a desire to learn
- Consuming RESTful APIs
- Excellent coding habits! It’s a #NoHackZone :)
- Java a plus, Spring Boot another plus
- AWS experience a plus
- UI component development a big plus
- Advanced browser technologies (WebSockets, ServiceWorker, etc.)
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION
- 5+ years designing and developing large scale, production quality code
- Experience developing customer-facing web applications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field
Egencia, the business travel division of Expedia, is at the center of revolutionizing business travel. We are one of the fastest growing brands within Expedia, Inc. and in our 12-year history we have grown from a small start-up to become the 5th largest corporate travel management company in the world. We’re defining the future of business travel. If you’re interested in the journey as much as the destination then we have a seat for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Annual bonus, tons of vacation, maxed-out MacBook Pro & gear, leisure travel benefits (yes! for your own personal leisure travel, things like flight & hotel discounts, stipend, and more)