The Product Design team at Egencia builds business travel products and services loved by over 6 million users.
Our simple, seamless travel management platform makes it a snap for the world’s largest companies to manage their complex business travel needs. Egencia’s global Product Design team is seeking a Mobile Product Designer who has a passion for travel innovation, can transform complexity into clarity, and leads by doing.
ABOUT THE WORK
We are the original disruptors in managed travel. Our culture is an empowering environment for designers who want to attack large product design challenges. Product Designers work with feedback from our 6+ million users to directly deliver on user needs and our mission of transforming business travel. Designers don’t just create interfaces, they help build and ship sophisticated products that empower millions of business travelers, travel coordinators, and agents.
This role will be our first hire in our Chicago office, and will be pivotal to building the right design organization there. Individual responsibility is very high, but impact and reward are huge. The design team structure is a blended model. All design at Egencia belongs to a centralized design team that delivers a globally consistent product and brand identity. Designers also belong to pod teams of product management, development, and research, working as one to ship entire lines of business.
Mobile Product Designers at Egencia:
- Embed with Product, Engineering, Analytics, and others related to your product areas.
- Lead and facilitate inceptions, 120-day planning sessions, and other product activities.
- Translate discovery and research insights into new hypotheses.
- Collaborate with engineers to determine concept feasibility.
- Sketch, wireframe, prototype, and test viability with users and product partners.
- Design high-fidelity, mobile-up solutions with UI, visual, and interaction excellence.
- Work iteratively with engineers to realize and ship new product.
- Advocate for and initiate product polishing to improve shipped work.
- Evaluate new insights and iterate again, quickly.
Culture is paramount. We like big thinkers with small egos. We value individual creativity, and we invest in individual growth. We work through issues as a team to design globally, and we embrace testing and learning over ‘shipping perfect.’
Mobile Product Designer requirements:
- Proven experience designing products for native iOS, Android, or mobile web.
- A bold portfolio of mobile and interaction design work.
- Expert in product thinking, interaction design, visual design, and design research.
- Versed in modern design patterns and guidelines (Material, Apple, et al.).
- An effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator.
- Develops expert knowledge of industry, competitive, complementary products.
- Ensures clear, defensible problem statements exist for design solutions.
- Delivers results in an agile, iterative design environment.
- Experience in prototyping for mobile a plus.
In addition to all of the perks that come with being a big company, we also practice what we preach when it comes to shipping global products. Oslo, Paris, Chicago, Seattle and India are just some of the places our work takes us to learn from our users. We also offer leisure travel benefits, personal wellness and health equipment benefits, company sponsored events, and a culture of fun, support, and personal growth.
Relocation available within the US. Egencia is not currently sponsoring work visas for this position.
Egencia, the business travel division of Expedia, is at the center of revolutionizing business travel. We are one of the fastest growing brands within Expedia, Inc. and in our 12-year history we have grown from a small start-up to become the 5th largest corporate travel management company in the world. We’re defining the future of business travel. If you’re interested in the journey as much as the destination then we have a seat for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.