The Product Design team at Egencia builds visionary business travel products and services loved by over 6 million users.
Our simple, seamless travel management platform makes it a snap for the world’s largest companies to manage their complex business travel needs. Egencia is seeking a Product Designer who has a passion for travel innovation, can transform complexity into clarity, and leads by doing.
ABOUT THE WORK
We are the original disruptors in managed travel. Our culture is an empowering environment for designers who want to dig into large product design challenges. Product Designers work with feedback from our 6+ million users to directly deliver on user needs and our mission of transforming business travel. Designers don’t just create interfaces, they help build and ship sophisticated products that empower millions of business travelers, travel coordinators, and agents.
This role will be a part of our new Paris design team (formed in 2016), and the designer will lead design strategy for Egencia’s new Expense product line. The design team structure is a blended model. All design at Egencia belongs to a centralized design team that delivers a globally consistent product and brand identity. Designers also belong to pod teams of product management, development, and research, working as one to ship entire lines of business.
Product Designers at Egencia:
- Embed with Product, Engineering, Analytics, and others related to your product areas.
- Translate discovery and research insights into new hypotheses.
- Collaborate with engineers to vet out concept feasibility.
- Sketch, wireframe, prototype, and test viability with users and product partners.
- Design high-fidelity, mobile-up solutions with UI, visual, and interaction excellence.
- Work iteratively with developers to realize and ship new product.
- Advocate for and initiate product polishing to improve shipped work.
- Evaluate new insights and iterate again, quickly.
Culture is paramount. We like big thinkers with small egos. We value individual creativity, and we invest in individual growth. We work through issues as a team to design globally, and we embrace testing and learning over ‘shipping perfect.’
Product Designer requirements:
- Fluent in product thinking, ecommerce, interaction design, visual design, and design research.
- Possesses an insatiable curiosity for unraveling complexity.
- Develops knowledge of industry, competitive, complementary products.
- Ensures clear, defensible problem statements exist for design solutions.
- Delivers elegant designs to a variety of device experiences.
- Delivers results in an agile, iterative design environment.
- Portfolio demonstrates an array of product and interaction design work.
- Proficient in Sketch.
- Experience with prototyping tools (ex: Flinto, Invision, Marvel, Principle, Framer).
In addition to all of the perks that come with being a big company, we also practice what we preach when it comes to shipping global products. Oslo, Paris, Chicago, Seattle and India are just some of the places your work will take you to learn from our users. We also offer meal subvention, generous holiday time, leisure travel benefits, personal wellness and health equipment benefits, company sponsored events, and a culture of fun, support, and personal growth.
Egencia is not currently sponsoring work visas nor providing relocation outside of France for this position.
Egencia, the business travel division of Expedia, is at the center of revolutionizing business travel. We are one of the fastest growing brands within Expedia, Inc. and in our 12-year history we have grown from a small start-up to become the 5th largest corporate travel management company in the world. We’re defining the future of business travel. If you’re interested in the journey as much as the destination then we have a seat for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.