We are looking for a well-rounded Systems Administrator/Devops Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate would be a quick learner who takes pride in their work, and enjoys leading and collaborating within a nimble development.
He or she should be highly motivated and possess a deep understanding of system administration practices, and the latest methodologies and technologies.
The System Administrator will work as part of a team to support growing number of highly-available services. This role splits time between:
- 25% planning long term projects, and cross team communication
- 75% sysadmin/operational duties (shipping code, implementing new tech, supporting our growing AWS environment, etc.)
A bit about you:
- Deep experience with AWS
- You are comfortable learning and implementing new technologies
- You enjoy exploring problems with peers, coming up with solutions, and making a business case for them
- You are a sound critical thinker
- You have at least 4 years’ experience supporting 24/7 production networks, systems, software, and databases running on Linux
- You do not use windows as your primary OS
- You use and understand why configuration management matters (Chef, Ansible, and/or Puppet)
Deep knowledge in at least one of the following:
- Relational Databases
- Routing and Switching
- Configuration Management
- Distributed Systems
- Project Management
- Choose, deploy and manage tools and technologies to build and support a robust infrastructure.
- Be responsible for identifying bottlenecks and improving performance of all our systems.
- Ensure all necessary monitoring, alerting and backup solutions are in place.
- Contribute to normal sysadmin op’s duties: Code pushes, on-call, office IT, and working with developers to ship new products by becoming an expert in automation and AWS
- Work effectively with our developers to improve and maintain our platform
About Quantified Media
We are an international direct-to-consumer digital marketing agency. We manage the entire lifecycle of consumer marketing from brand awareness to end product delivery.
Salary: Competitive, based on experience
Basis: Full-time, Monday to Friday inclusive (preference to those who can work UTC+3 or UTC-5)
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV, examples of your work and a letter telling us about you and your experience, along with salary expectations (or current salary).