Our development team works on the entire tech stack (from low level database operations to front end development) for a large cloud based enterprise application for the construction industry. Engineers work with all of our departments from sales, account management, support and product; with a strong emphasis on the ability to speak with clients to understand user needs. Our tools of choice are Ruby on Rails (Ruby 2.2.3, Rails 4.2.4), ReactJS, PostgreSQL (9.4), on Rackspace Private Cloud. Our mobile apps provide access to many of Procore’s tools on iOS, Android, and Windows.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with product teams on design and implementation of large scale distributed systems.
- Automate, automate, automate and then …. automate!
- Bring ideas to life to help make the lives of engineers better.
- Help our developers with some of their hardest problems.
Some examples of our projects:
- An easy to use chat-based deployment tool with all our patterns baked in
- Command line tool to dissect network capture on a Postgres server for use in debugging and optimization
- Using Terraform + Puppet to easily build out complex cloud environments
- Chat-based incident communication, reporting, and management tool written in Elixir
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience in Site Reliability
- Obsession with automation and instrumentation
- Passion for writing clean, readable, maintainable code
- Insatiable knowledge seeker
- Ability to decompose complex systems and discover failure scenarios
Experience in the following technologies:
- Linux (Debian/Ubuntu a plus)
- MVC Web Frameworks (including Ruby on Rails, Django, Phoenix)
- Webservers (Apache or Nginx)
- Relational Databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- In-Memory Caches (Memcache, Redis)
- Full Text Search (ElasticSearch, Solr)
- Cloud Computing (OpenStack, AWS)
- Config Management (including Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Containers and Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Security Tools (nmap, Burp Suite, Nessus)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do no discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software to clients across the globe, helping to more efficietly build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to created and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given the resources to try new ideas, all while in an open and collaborative environment. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide.
Perks & Benefits:
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That’s why we believe in providing our employees with benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are a few of our benefit offerings:
- Competitive healthcare plans
- Unlimited paid vacation and sick time
- Stock options
- Learning and Development Program
- Employee Enrichment Program providing personal growth and development opportunities beyond work
- Friends & family events
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- A robust wellness program
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free meals and snacks, snacks, snacks
* Benefits may vary slightly from location to location.
See our Perks & Benefits in our job description!