Our development team works on the entire tech stack (from low level database operations to front end development) for a large cloud based enterprise application for the construction industry. Engineers work with all of our departments from sales, account management, support and product; with a strong emphasis on the ability to speak with clients to understand user needs. Our tools of choice are Ruby on Rails (Ruby 2.2.3, Rails 4.2.4), ReactJS, PostgreSQL (9.4), on Rackspace Private Cloud. Our mobile apps provide access to many of Procore’s tools on iOS, Android and Windows.
What You’ll Do
- Translate UX designs into fully functional applications
- Make architectural design decisions that improve scalability & performance
- Build products that meet the customer’s needs
- Exercise code reviews & provide constructive feedback
- Effectively collaborate with Product, QA, UX, and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical)
- Mentor junior engineers
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years experience in Ruby on Rails, or similar technologies
- Experience in working with asynchronous requests in large scale applications
- Experienced in Agile development and TDD
- Knowledgeable in SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Experience in working and developing RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Linux, AWS (EC2, S3, etc.), HTML, and CSS
- Understanding of a typical web development lifecycle including: development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- Collaboration and contribution to open source
To give you a better idea of what we do, here are some of our current projects
- Live Finance: Our challenges are a unique opportunity to work on accounting principles but with a twist! Our financials team works on budget reconciliation on live projects with budget input happening in real time all day long. If you are interested in challenges surrounding balance and ledgers, without the bureaucracy that comes with financial institutions, this is the perfect role for you.
- Scalability: If scalability is of interest to you, we have the ultimate challenge. We are looking at taking an existing system and scaling from 1M users to 10M users. We know Ruby and Rails can scale and we want to prove that and work with engineers who are ready to take on that challenge. This is a great chance to work on live, core systems with a million users.
- Big Data: Our insight team is focussed on building an entire dashboarding system and working with terabytes of data and users that go back over 10 years. If areas like big data mining, business intelligence and data visualizations are of interest to you, this is a great opportunity to work on those problems while seeing your work come to life and interfacing with customers.
- Complex file systems: We are working on building a world class document and photo file management system from the ground up. If you are interested in challenges like: pdf creation, photo management, permissions and file revisioning, this is the perfect team for you. You will get to work on the complexities that come with disassembling giant blueprint pdf’s, adding markups and call outs and writing it back so everything is unchanged
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do no discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software to clients across the globe, helping to more efficietly build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to created and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given the resources to try new ideas, all while in an open and collaborative environment. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That’s why we believe in providing our employees with benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are a few of our benefit offerings:
- Competitive healthcare plans
- Unlimited paid vacation and sick time
- Stock options
- Learning and Development Program
- Employee Enrichment Program providing personal growth and development opportunities beyond work
- Friends & family events
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- A robust wellness program
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free meals and snacks, snacks, snacks
* Benefits may vary slightly from location to location.
See our Perks & Benefits in our job description!