John McNeil Studio is a collective of strategists, writers, designers, filmmakers, technologists, musicians and photographers who help companies tell compelling stories and build brands. We love digital but embrace print. We are founded in aesthetics, but also in utility. We make things that make brands grow.
We’re looking for a freelance front end developer with at least 5+ years experience to work alongside our Developer team to conceive of and build interactive experiences.
- Work within multidisciplinary teams of visual designers, UX, motion designers and developers
- Build prototype concepts to demonstrate and test ideas
- Produce neat, tested, readable and well documented code
- Work with Photoshop to do image slicing, resizing, optimization, and other core manipulations
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3 and current front end libraries like Bootstrap
- Familiar with NPM/Bower, Gulp, Browserify, Sass
- Experience with Three.js, and Pixi.js
- Preferred: experience with WebGL, Three.js, Babylon.js, or Pixi.js
- Calm under pressure in a fast paced environment
- This position requires at least 5+ years experience in a Front End Developer role with examples you can share of your previous work.
To apply, please click on the link below and submit your resume, cover letter, a link to your portfolio, and references. Please, no phone calls or drop-ins about the job. Due to the number of applicants, we will not be able to respond to each application.
Great snacks, a new food truck every Wednesday, unlimited La Croix, a great team- what else do you need?