You’re an extraordinary content strategist, writer, and editor (who won’t shy away from a spreadsheet). You’re resourceful, hungry, and detail-obsessed. You possess both sharp analytical skills and creative vision. You can self-direct, but also love to collaborate. You’re perpetually learning—and a digital strategy powerhouse-in-the-making.
Sound about right? We’re looking for you.
Modus is a New York-based digital strategy, design, and development firm. Our next Content Strategist will be an integral part of our UX team across a wide range of projects. Fun, right? Read on for details.
Here’s what you’d be responsible for:
- Creating content strategies that support business goals
- Auditing existing content
- Creating content roadmaps and content matrixes
- Creating tagging taxonomies
- Staying on top of trends in content strategy across UX, content marketing, and social amplification
- Developing messaging strategies for digital experiences
- Creating top quality content—both original and adapted from existing resources
- Managing partnerships with external content providers
- Developing and enforcing editorial style guidelines
- Planning for future content needs and editorial directions
- Understanding and articulating brand and/or product messaging
- Creating copy that is engaging, accurate, and effective
- Conducting interviews with stakeholders and users
- Developing copy for products, apps, websites, ad units, landing pages, etc
- Creating names, labeling, and nomenclature systems
Here are the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Project leadership
- Excellent reading comprehension
- Outstanding writing skills
- Substantive editing
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Knowledge and experience in digital UX, marketing, content strategy, and writing
- Experience conducting research and performing audits
- Appreciation and understanding of user-centric design principles
- Strong self-management and organizational skills
- Strong team communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enthusiastic collaborator
- Voracious reader of evolving trends in marketing, content, digital, UX, and technology
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or Communications. Masters a plus.
- At least 5 years of total professional experience, with 2 years dedicated to digital marketing, content strategy, and/or digital publishing
Please note that travel within the New York Metro region is expected. Occasional national and international travel also a possibility.
Modus offers a great work environment, competitive salary, training courses and certifications, a premium health care plan, 401K matching program, flex hours, and other benefits.
Ready to help us invent the digital future? Apply now!