What is Tattly?
Tattly celebrates art by licensing designs from professional artists and turning them into temporary tattoos. We aim to impress our customers with the high quality and wide variety of our designs. Nothing makes us happier than seeing a customer getting lost in our collections, trying to find that perfect tattoo that matches their personality or mood.
Did you look through our designs? Do you have a favorite? We hope the playfulness of our designs and the silliness of the notion of a temporary tattoo in itself put a smile on your face! If it did, you’re our kind of people. Team Tattly aims to deliver fun, lightness and happiness while celebrating the craft of our artists.
We see our tattoos as an experience of play and self-expression, a moment of being a rebel and doing something daring. Wearing a Tattly allows a glimpse into a life where you don’t care about what other people think. Tattly bring a sense of empowerment to our customers. Does this all sound interesting to you? Ok, then:
Here’s the role we are looking to fill:
Tattly is looking to hire a Finance & Operations Manager. The ideal candidate is a positive, upbeat person, who is obsessively detail-oriented with a background in accounting and finance. You have a love for all things operations and are wired to see a process, find its gaps, and make it more efficient.
In this role you’ll be working directly with the founder and CEO, Tina Roth Eisenberg who will not shy away of pulling you into strategy meetings, asking you your opinion, giving you a voice in helping her shape the future of this young company. Ideally, you are a strategically, creative thinking individual with 3-10 years of accounting and financial management experience.
The Finance and Operations Manager is responsible for planning, directing and controlling financial, human resources and administrative functions for the company. This includes budget preparation; conducting financial analysis and preparing financial reports; developing and implementing an effective system of accounting; managing the payroll system and maintaining accurate and current bylaw records.
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyzing company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting.
- Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management.
- Working with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information.
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Managing cash flow.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
- Assist with human resource functions, including onboarding and exiting staff, benefit management and payroll.
- Manage legal contracts and vendor relations, including office and equipment leases and organizational insurance reviews and renewals.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-10 plus years of accounting and financial management experience.
- Experience working in a growing start-up environment strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience in a manufacturing business with product based project costing.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Advanced spreadsheet and numerical analysis skills: business cases, margin and cash flow analysis.
- Accounting software knowledge.
- GAPP rules knowledge.
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency.
- Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing.
- Kind. Kind. Kind.
Tattly was started by Tina Roth Eisenberg out of her frustration of her daughter bringing home hideous temporary tattoos. She set out to change the world of temporary tattoos and has quite unexpectedly created a new industry.
Tattly started as a side project and has grown into a healthy little company that ships temporary tattoos around the world and makes people smile. Tattly was recently featured in the NYTimes which made the team really happy.
To get an idea about our founder’s values and how she runs her companies, watch this 99U talk.
- health insurance
- 3 weeks vacation/year
- inspiring lunches with fellow FRIENDS (http://www.friendsworkhere.com)
- 24/7 access to our confetti drawer
- dogs welcome
- occasional modeling
If this role sounds exciting to you, wow us with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send your CV with a thoughtful cover letter that includes answers to the following questions:
- Why Tattly? What’s your favorite design?
- Why are you a good fit for this position?
- Include a joke
- Salary requirements