The Communications Department in the UW-Madison Division of Information Technology (DoIT) is looking for a full-time User Experience Designer to join our team.
We’re redefining the experience of higher education at University of Wisconsin-Madison, from improving how students enroll in courses to designing tools that support advising to enhancing IT service design. We need someone who is driven to understand our users’ challenges, to help untangle thorny process and technical ecosystems, and to design simple and effective solutions. We want you to be relentlessly curious about finding opportunities for improvement, and energized by working with and through constraints.
We’re looking for:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in user research, user experience design, content strategy and/or digital design.
- Demonstrable experience with explaining design ideas and concepts in a way that people understand, and in negotiating important design decisions successfully.
- Experience with creating UX deliverables (e.g., information architecture, wireframes, prototypes, personas, use cases, functional specifications, project documentation).
- Prior experience with running and interpreting results from a wide range of user research methods (e.g., interviews, observation, usability testing, card sorts, surveys, focus groups).
- Ability to translate complex requirements into simple, intuitive experiences; solid understanding of how content, design and technology work together to create an optimal user experience.
- Competence in juggling multiple projects simultaneously with firm deadlines.
The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) provides information technology services to UW-Madison, UW campuses, the UW System, and other agencies, and employs 700 people with an operating budget of $100 million. The User Experience Designer position is part of a dedicated user experience team within the Communications Department. Our team shares a commitment to working proactively and collaboratively to make real improvements for students, faculty, and staff.
How to apply
Please see the complete position listing for more details and how to apply.
The application deadline is March 30, 2017