Note: Although this is a remote position, we are currently only seeking candidates in North America
Hotjar is looking for a driven and ambitious DevOps Engineer based in a US timezone to support and expand our cloud-based infrastructure used by thousands of sites around the world. The Hotjar infrastructure currently processes more than 10,000 API requests per second, delivers over a billion pieces of static content every week and hosts databases well into terabyte-size ranges, making this an interesting and challenging opportunity.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a fast growing remote startup in a key position.
In this position, you will:
- Be part of the team building and maintaining our sites and web applications.
- Choose, deploy and manage tools and technologies to build and support a robust infrastructure.
- Be responsible for identifying bottlenecks and improving performance of all our systems.
- Ensure all necessary monitoring, alerting and backup solutions are in place.
- Do research and keep up to date on trends in big data processing and large scale analytics.
- Implement proof of concept solutions in the form of prototype applications.
- Strong working knowledge of Amazon AWS.
- 2 or more years of professional experience with systems administration or DevOps.
- Experience with Python, Nginx and PostgreSQL.
- Not required but experience in any of the following is considered to be an asset: Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcached, Jenkins, Mercurial, Vagrant, Docker.