- a tech company changing the way the world reads
- a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, comic books, and sheet music
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the Product Design Team
Scribd is seeking a Product Designer who will drive the vision and direction of our design efforts across mobile and web platforms. We pride ourselves on creating delightful experiences for our readers and are looking for someone who is passionate about user research, design, technology, and reading to raise the bar even higher.
We work closely with the other teams including product, engineering, QA, and customer happiness to anticipate our readers’ wants and needs then deliver the solutions that keep the pages turning for our millions of active monthly users.
- Leading by example, the design for products across mobile and web platforms
- Organizing research and product information into coherent user flows, interaction designs, interactive prototypes, visual design mocks and specifications for dev to build.
- Advocating for user-centered design every step of the way
- Planning user research studies to understand and validate product concepts
- Working closely with engineers and stakeholders to ensure that the user experience is simple, straightforward, and elegant
- Driving component based / UI patterns design and development
You are able to articulate your design criteria, UX and UI decisions with inspiring verbal and written and visual communication skills. You have a strong understanding of the interplay between design and engineering, technical collaboration, and delivery of final UI designs for mobile and web. You are passionate about user-centered design and see crit sessions as an opportunity to both share your knowledge and learn from others.
- 3-5+ years professional experience designing digital, consumer products across multiple platforms including iOS, Android, Web and Mobile Web.
- Ability to deliver around all aspects of a project from concept to launch
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions & the problems they are solving with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience with an iterative design process: incorporating feedback, launching quickly and testing hypotheses
- A strong understanding of component based product design or UI patterns
- Solid understanding and/or hands-on experience with user-interface design including interaction and visual
- Experience participating in and conducting usability studies
- Expert skills in the common design and prototyping skills including: Sketch, Marvel, InvisionApp, Illustrator, Photoshop, Framer, Pixate, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.
- A strong portfolio showcasing examples of information design skills and problem solving applying the user-experience design methodology: concept sketches, interaction flows, prototypes, design specifications for development, and UI designs for web and mobile. Examples of visual and UI mastery, including methodology and production assets are encouraged.
Please note that applications without portfolios, either online or an attachment, will not be considered.
- We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
- 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
- We have a small budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- We have a lot of trust with very little bureaucracy
- Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
- Coffee and tea runs every afternoon
- Apple laptops and Thunderbolt displays
- Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Safari West, Stinson Beach, ski trips, etc.)