- a tech company changing the way the world reads
- a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, comic books, and sheet music
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the Product Design Team
Scribd is seeking a Product Designer who will drive the vision and direction of our design efforts across mobile and web platforms. We pride ourselves on creating delightful experiences for our readers and are looking for someone who is passionate about the craft of digital user-interface design, technology, and reading to raise the bar even higher.
We work closely with the other teams including product, engineering, QA, and customer happiness to anticipate our readers’ wants and needs then deliver the solutions that keep the pages turning for our millions of active monthly users.
- Leading by example, the visual and interaction design for products across mobile and web platforms
- Understanding the Scribd target audience, the intended user-experience and the brand style guide to create compelling interaction and visual design for our product offerings.
- Advocate for a scalable, component based user-interface system.
- Design with accessibility best practices in mind.
- Experience with creating or refining visual design languages and developing digital brand style guides.
- Driving component based / UI design and development
- Hands on experience with asset production and specifications across platforms.
- As a member of the product design team, you’ will collaborate with your fellow designers and cross-functional stakeholders to create innovative, compelling product experiences.
You are able to articulate your design criteria, UX and UI decisions with inspiring verbal and written and visual communication skills. You have a strong understanding of the interplay between design and engineering, technical collaboration, and delivery of final UI designs for mobile and web. You are passionate about user-centered design and see crit sessions as an opportunity to both share your knowledge and learn from others.
- 3-5+ years professional experience designing digital, consumer products across multiple platforms including iOS, Android, Web and Mobile Web.
- Ability to deliver around all aspects of a project from concept to launch
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions & the problems they are solving with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience with an iterative design process: incorporating feedback, launching quickly and testing hypotheses
- Competency in use of typography, color, iconography, space, texture to help users successfully navigate our products while creating a delightful experience.
- A strong understanding of component based product design or UI patterns
- Solid understanding and/or hands-on experience with user-interface design including interaction and visual
- Expert skills in the common design and prototyping skills including: Sketch, Marvel, InvisionApp, Illustrator, Photoshop, Framer, Pixate, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.
- A strong portfolio showcasing examples of visual design skills and problem solving applying the digital interaction and visual design methodology: concept sketches, interaction wireframes, prototypes, visual design mocks, design specifications for development across web and mobile. Examples of visual and UI mastery, including methodology and production assets are core to this role.
Please note that applications without portfolios, either online or an attachment, will not be considered.
- We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
- 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
- We have a small budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- We have a lot of trust with very little bureaucracy
- Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
- Coffee and tea runs every afternoon
- Apple laptops and Thunderbolt displays
- Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Safari West, Stinson Beach, ski trips, etc.)