Are you a great digital product designer? Do you have a passion for powersports? Are you interested in working with a world-class team of designers and engineers to revolutionize the powersports industry? Polaris has a mission to maintain our market lead in powersports with off-road side-by-sides, ATVs, snowmobiles, as well as Indian Motorcycles, Slingshot, and many more. We make a lot of cool stuff. Our Digital Design & Experience team creates the user interfaces for on-vehicle displays, mobile applications, and rider web portals for all of our products. We are looking to grow the team with both interaction and visual design skills. True hybrid designers (interaction + visual) are preferred, but we will be happy to talk to any great designer that fits the team.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of excellence and a thorough working knowledge of User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Design. They will be responsible for defining how people interact with Polaris products – designing the systematic and functional foundation for product interactions. The ideal candidate will be proficient at establishing User Interface (UI) standards, design hierarchy, ease of use, and consistency across Polaris products. Experience in automotive and consumer electronics industries and knowledge of user research methods preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design world-class digital product interface designs for various powersports applications
- Work with cross-functional teams (Industrial Design, product managers, engineers, customer service, and marketing) on various applications, user flows, and visual design projects
- Deliverables may include flow-diagrams, wireframes, storyboards, visual design comps, rapid prototypes as needed to communicate designs to the rest of the team and company stakeholders
- Collaborate with hardware and software engineers to sculpt a singular, clear and cohesive end user experience across the Polaris product ecosystem
- Support project managers in work estimates and planning
- Identify and recommend areas of technology investment and development (technology demonstration projects)
- Other duties as required
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, visual, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field (In lieu of degree, 5+ years relevant work experience)
- Passion for user experience (UX) and usability
- Strong creative, design, and visualization skills
- Hands-on, get things done attitude
- “Pixel-perfectionist” with superb attention to design detail
- Strong technical understanding of how hardware, software, and cloud services work together
- Excellent written communication & documentation skills
- Ability to work independently, but also in a team environment
- Fast-paced office and lab environment in Sunnyvale, CA
- Some in-context vehicle testing (mostly optional)
- Some travel (mostly optional)
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don’t just create products — they are part of a lifestyle. It’s the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader with annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion. Polaris fuels the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts with our RANGER®, RZR® and POLARIS GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; our SPORTSMAN® and POLARIS ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; INDIAN MOTORCYCLE® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; SLINGSHOT® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, SWITCHBACK® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories sold under multiple recognizable brands, and has a growing presence globally in adjacent markets with products including military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. www.polaris.com
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
The Digital Design & Experience office/lab is in the heart of Silicon Valley in Sunnyvale, CA.
Browse www.polaris.com to get a feel for the full breadth of the Polaris brands and product lines. Send your design portfolio and an introduction to email@example.com. We are looking forward to hearing from you!