Be part of something innovative and cutting edge.
Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
• advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• mobile support for the user interfaces
• learning management systems with social media features
• user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• innovative, machine-scorable items
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry.
As a result of our continued growth, we are currently seeking a Software Development Project Manager for our Naperville, IL. office.
Work with the Project Lead to
Establish and maintain requirements, and schedules for the software development projects.
Establish and maintain milestones, anticipates issues, and monitors adherence to project scope, requirements and design documents, schedules, and to the software development process.
• Establish and maintain budgets for the projects.
• Facilitate requirements meetings, including the peer review sessions, and status meetings with clients and project team.
• Assume day-to-day responsibility for ensuring that the project is completed on time and within budget, and that all deliverables are of the highest quality.
• Configure systems through databases, routinely analyze data through SQL queries and generate custom reports.
• Work closely with the Technical Project Management team to: share best practices, help resolve project issues, and ensure that staff is properly allocated to tasks by considering staff’s skills and interests, and the project’s needs.
• Maintain client relations and communications including status reporting and informal conversations.
• Understand the technical details of the software product and be the liaison between technical and non-technical teams.
• Conduct software integration activities between different internal and external software systems.
• This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with a 5-8 years of project management experience and/or a Master’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business Management or a related field and 3-6 yrs. of Project Management experience
• Must have excellent oral and written skills with the ability to matrix manage a software team that includes graphic designers, developers and software testers.
• Must be familiar with project management tools such as Microsoft Project or BaseCamp and versioning tools such as Mercurial.
• Experience with SQL and/or SAS to analyze data is required.
• Demonstrated experience required: knowledge of all phases of software development cycle, ability to develop project plans, requirements documents, and project budgets.
• Familiarity with quality assurance practices is required.
• Experience required in applying best practices in project management, including those used to initiate, plan, control, monitor and report upon all phases of project activity.
• Must have a quick aptitude for learning new software.