The Acton Institute an internationally recognized world class think tank, is housed in the new Acton Building located in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan www.michigan.org . We are situated at the corner of Fulton Street and Sheldon.
Acton is a non-profit educational organization and our mission is to promote a free society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles, learn more about us at www.acton.org .
We are seeking a Web Developer to join our talented team and assist our Sr. Website Developer. This position can be either Full Time or Part Time, depending on the candidate’s availability during our normal workweek hours and will be onsite at the Acton Institute. The right candidate for this integral role will assist with some design work, but primarily on maintenance and coding websites under Acton’s umbrella using mainly Drupal, Wordpress, and Magento content management platforms.
The ideal candidate should have a strong eye for design as well as experience in front end skills. A large portion of the work is front end design including HTML, CSS, and designing themes.
Preferred Skills & Technologies
- Shell Scripting
- Drupal and Symfony (for Drupal 8)
Processes and Other Skills
- DevOp: Deploying a website from local, to staging, to production
- Performing Backups: Shell scripting
- Google Analytics administration and implementation
- Familiar with DNS and domain administration and purchasing
Frameworks and Platforms
Preferred candidates will also possess:
- Understanding of Acton’s Mission
- 1+ years of related website experience
- Professional decorum, business acumen, and a respectful demeanor at all times
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Superb organizational and time management skills
- Proficient Computer, Internet, technical and Social Media skills
- A team player attitude and excellent ability to work well will all staff and colleagues
- Desire to go the extra mile to see tasks and projects through
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator is a plus
If you are motivated by this opportunity and possess the desired skill sets, we encourage you to apply for this position to join Acton’s talented and dynamic team.
Qualified candidates who possess the desired skill sets for this role, and who are currently legally authorized to work in the U.S.A. are encouraged to apply for this position.
To be fully considered for this position please send a cover letter, your resume, and your salary earnings history to: email@example.com
Only candidates who submit a complete application with all of the required materials will be considered for this position.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview.