Delivering great user experiences is a core value at Recurly. Whether it’s designing a marketing web page or crafting the very user interface our customers rely on to run their businesses, the Design Team is involved at every step. We’re responsible for creating the brand promise customers have in their first interaction with Recurly and ensuring that we deliver on that promise in the product itself.
Subscription businesses around the world rely on our product every day to secure critical billing information, invoice and communicate with their customers, and evaluate their reporting data. It’s crucial that our brand and product experience communicate confidence and credibility at every step.
As a Product Designer at Recurly you’ll be part of a small but impactful team as you help us evolve the next generation of the product. In your role you’ll empathize with our customers’ needs, create scalable design systems, and deliver beautiful and intuitive interfaces. You’ll be called upon to work through design challenges large and small, from the micro-interactions of customer onboarding to complex and thorny design problems (like making it easy for our customers in Chicago to apply the correct “amusement tax”).
But you won’t do it alone. You’ll work as a partner with product managers, engineers, and other designers putting Design Thinking to work to bring it all to life. And of course you’ll have our lovely style guide as a foundation for all the great work you deliver.
You’ll Fit Right In If You…
- Have a strong portfolio of product design with detailed interactions
- Embrace constructive criticism as part of the design process and can clearly articulate your design decisions
- Are experienced working with and contributing to a product style guide
- Have incredible visual and interaction design skills, but you’re also comfortable talking about systems and strategies
- Feel confident creating new visual directions, including color theory and typography, and ensuring they’re carried out consistently
- Aren’t afraid to fail, love to iterate quickly, and when you hear the word “lean” you don’t think cuisine
- Pride yourself on unparalleled collaboration skills and you look forward to partnering with PMs, engineers, and researchers to create beautiful products in an agile environment
- Know empathy is the most important design skill you possess
- Love getting input from users and dread making decisions without it
- Confidence with visual design and prototyping applications. We like Sketch, Invision (they’re a VIP customer), Framer, and of course good ol’ HTML and CSS.
- Thinking in scalable systems, not one-off solutions.
- Positive attitude and the knowledge that any design problem is interesting if you make it one.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills.
- 5+ years designing for digital products.
- You’ve partnered with Product Managers to create user testing plans to confirm hypotheses for new feature ideas, or current feature sets that need improvement.
- You’ve participated in user experience research and usability studies.
- A combination of startup and agency experience. You are always willing to get your hands dirty and chip in to help move a project forward, and you work with urgency.
- Experience creating wireframes, site maps, personas, competitive audits, storyboarding and user journeys.
Design at Recurly
Recurly is committed to a strong user experience from the CEO on down and sophisticated design is a top priority here. You’ll be part of a small but growing design team with the opportunity to tackle interesting challenges on a daily basis. This is a senior role. You will contribute in a significant way to the future of the Recurly product.
Product Design Examples
Web Content Examples
- Recurly Website
- Product Features
- Recurly Analytics
- Recovered Revenue Calculator
- Recurly Blog
- Recurly Coupons and Gift Subscriptions
- Recurly Analytics Data Sheet
- Top 10 List: Coupons Feature
- Recurly Gift Subscriptions
- Revenue Recognition Data Sheet
- Whitepaper: Minimizing EMV Churn
- E-book: Payment Ecosystem
Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, short and long-term disability, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, accident coverage, employee assistance coverage, tax-free commuter savings, 401(k), daily catered meals, flexible hours, events and meet ups, snacks and drinks, games, access to our Penthouse space, happy hours, team building activities, and company outings.
401(k), daily catered meals, flexible hours, events and meet ups, snacks and drinks, games (ping pong!), access to our Penthouse space, happy hours, team building activities, and company outings.