You’re a passionate blend of web enthusiast and design expert. You obsess about front-end web trends and the design fundamentals that connect them with real meaning and staying power.
You’re equally comfortable ripping CSS3 apart and drafting a pie-in-the-sky homepage comp in Photoshop. You’re detail-oriented, love to share insight and learn, and have the ability to work within tight timelines on multiple projects simultaneously.
As a Web Designer, you’ll work closely with developers to help shape the visual re-branding of GEMG.
As the public sector division of Atlantic Media, Government Executive Media Group is the most important media resource serving the government and defense markets. With an unwavering commitment to journalistic excellence and a deep investment in digital expertise and capabilities, we serve our audience through multiple media brands delivering journalism, events, research, and marketing services.
- Government Executive – the #1 federal market web site
- Nextgov – the #1 government technology web site
- Defense One –the award winning new site serving the national security leadership community.
- Route Fifty— a new media brand serving the state and local government market.
- Lead digital design thinking at a fast-growing media company, giving expert design advice on projects, making recommendations for creating & improving web sites, mobile apps, digital advertising, and editorial products
- Create wireframes, rapid prototypes, user interfaces, and comp designs, graphics, banners, landing pages, and web sites
- Design layout and templates for maximum usability and focus on user experience
- Perform usability tests on interface design to insure cross-browser compatibility
- Work with web developers to apply style and user interface design to web applications, and work with a team of other skilled designers, sharing web design insights in an open learning environment
Skills and Experience
- Killer design chops with an incredible digital portfolio
- Fluency in Creative Suite
- Up-to-the-minute knowledge of the latest web trends and tools
- Self-directed and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
Please include a link to an online portfolio that shows 5+ examples of web/product design. Candidates without an online portfolio or web-specific examples will not be considered.
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
1. Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
2. Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
If all of this sounds like your cup of coffee (probably black), and you want to work with some of the most decent, fast-paced, smartest people you’ve ever met, apply now. We can’t wait to meet you.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.