Blackbox is hiring a Product Manager who wants to help us build tools for independent artists, their customers, and warehouses.
The ideal candidate is excited to deeply understand complicated problems and contribute holistically to solving them. We’re interested in hiring well-rounded people with hobbies and side projects who are curious about learning new things and contributing to our culture in unexpected ways. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
The technology we’ve built so far has shipped the most-backed Kickstarter game in history, sold over 10,000 Cards Against Humanity Trump Bug-Out bags in under two hours, distributed 30,000 pieces of cow poo, and helps our clients run their successful small businesses.
This is a full-time position based in Chicago, IL with benefits including full health and dental and generous vacation. We work out of our wonderful co-working space full of other amazing artists, developers, game designers, photographers, and the occasional dog. We often work remotely as well, but you should be available to join us for regular meetings.
As a Product Manager at Blackbox, you will:
- Collaborate with the product team, logistics team, and partners on a regular basis to gather and compile requirements for features and new products
- Maintain our product roadmap and prioritize projects based on customer needs, business goals, and input from stakeholders
- Work closely with the product team and assist with resourcing, documentation, project hand-off, and release scheduling
- Develop detailed project plans and track progress
- Champion user-focused design and development and assist in QA testing
- Document decisions made regarding product and communicate those decisions clearly with the entire company
- Work with our Accounts and Customer Service teams to identity potential user experience improvements
- Continuously improve our processes and suggest news tools and methods for communicating, collaborating, and organizing
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of three years experience working in a product management role
- High-level understanding of user experience design, user interface design, and full-stack development
- High attention to detail, including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Be collaborative and articulate. Be able to clearly explain your choices, but value the feedback of your team
- Experience with project tracking software, such as Asana or Pivotal Tracker
- An iterative, practical approach to project management
- Practical knowledge of how e-commerce and SaaS businesses operate
- Most importantly, you should be kind, humble, eager to work hard, and excited to learn.
To apply, please provide a brief introduction to yourself, your work history, a link to your website or relevant work examples, approximate date you are available to start, and salary requirements.