We’re on the hunt for our next Front-end Developer, but not just anyone will do.
Here’s a snapshot (but not all) of your technical responsibilities:
- Is proficient building responsive, mobile-first websites
- Is proficient building client-side applications using libraries such as React, Vue.js, Angular and Ember
- Is proficient with module bundlers, such as Webpack, Browserify and rollup.js
- Is familiar with front-end patterns, such as BEM and object-oriented CSS
- Has experience with Craft, ExpressionEngine, Wordpress and/or other CMS platforms
- Is comfortable writing and debugging PHP
- Is proficient with Git and using GitHub
- Is conscious of site performance—during the initial request and on-page—and wants to reduce HTTP requests, browser repaints and deliver lightning fast websites to any and all browsers
- Understands the importance of progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
- Is vigilant about web standards, performance, accessibility and usability
- Is capable of collaborating with the UI/UX team to build interactive prototypes
- Has intermediate knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Can provide technical insight to designers
Here are some of your general responsibilities:
- Be flexible enough that you can juggle multiple projects while also being focused enough to remain committed to projects that span multiple weeks to complete.
- Be dedicated and meticulous while taking great pride in delivering the highest quality work.
- Be comfortable providing and receiving constructive criticism with the goal of bettering everyone involved.
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Appreciate, enjoy and critique design.
- Be able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Provide reliable estimates for development deliverables.
- Communicate well both internally with other team members and externally with clients.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- At least three years of professional, post-collegiate experience
- A B.S., B.F.A. or equivalent work experience
- Must be a U.S. resident. Bonus points if you live in Indianapolis.
If this all sounds right to you, please apply below. A phone call will not increase (and may decrease) your chances, so give us some time to look over your materials. If we think you might be a good fit, we’ll reach out to you.
New equipment, Ongoing Education, Snacks, Happy Hour, Health Insurance, 401k, Training, Swag, Bike Racks and Showers, Philanthropy, Paid Time Off, Parties, Lunch and Learns, Coffee/Tea/Soda, Flexible Schedules, Rooftop with a Grill and Outdoor Kitchen, Modern Environment
If this all sounds right to you, please email us your resume and your GitHub account. A phone call will not increase (and may decrease) your chances, so give us some time to look over your materials. If we think you might be a good fit, we’ll reach out to you.