Senior Designer Wanted
We’re a team of strategists, designers, and technologists, driven by a shared passion for creating thoughtful digital platforms, products, and services that span web, mobile, and connected spaces. Based in Vancouver and New York City, we’re focused on changing how organizations connect with users in an increasingly digital world. If you’re up for that challenge, you should join us.
Being a Designer at Engine Digital
We believe that small, collaborative, and cross-functional teams are best equipped to ship the most optimal project outcomes. Within these teams, members of our Design group play a critical role in each and every project, ensuring that the work we produce is supported by principles, and delivers on the needs and expectations of end users and the business in every instance. Working directly with our UX and Technology teams, our designers contribute an innate understanding of form and function to ensure our work is always thoughtful, intuitive, and innovative.
As a Senior Designer, you’ll lead project teams tasked with defining how the solutions we produce will look, feel, and function. You’ll contribute a visual sensibility that ensures every deliverable we ship supports our belief in design as a means for driving our clients’ business success. This is a hands-on role, leading the design of systems, platforms, and products from ideation through deployment.
Ideal candidates will have experience in agile and iterative process, significant experience in design for web and mobile, an interest and understanding of brand, and an ability to manage teams including directing and mentoring colleagues, and pitching and presenting to colleagues and clients.
- Lead the design of digital platforms and products
- Help the project team to translate client briefs and requirements docs to plans and strategies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in concepting and ideation
- Play a lead role in client workshops, presentations, reviews, and pitches
- Ensure the team has a clear understanding project context, constraints, and opportunities
- Understand and help to define project goals and objectives, both clients and agency
- Ensure all deliverables out outputs are of the highest level of quality and precision
- Manage, lead, and mentor junior and intermediate design colleagues
- Foster a positive team environment and lead by example
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience planning, prototyping, and designing for web, mobile/tablet, SaaS products, connected devices, and other interactive experiences
- A strong book of work that demonstrates your skills, craft, thinking, and experience
- A working knowledge of UI design patterns and grids for web, mobile web, iOS, and Android
- Knowledge of web and mobile frameworks, languages, and tools
- High level of proficiency with Sketch, Invision, Omnigraffle, Adobe CS, and Keynote
- Ability to communicate, listen, present, and sell through ideas internally and to clients
- Experience leading a design team and mentoring colleagues
- Personally defined process and an proven attention to detail
- Degree in design or communication an asset but not required
- Candidates should be residents of New York City or willing to relocate
In addition to an exceptional company culture, we offer the following benefits to all employees:
- A welcome kit, a brand new MacBook, and all the tools you need on day one
- Personal learning budget for classes, events, and conferences, and access to General Assembly, Treehouse, and One Month to help you expand your skills
- Winter holiday break in addition to 3 weeks vacation time to start
- Office snacks, coffee, tea, beer, and monthly birthday lunches
- Holiday parties, happy hours, and team building activities
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Offices in two of the best cities in the world – Vancouver and New York City
- An incredible global client list including some of the most recognized brands
- Focused yet casual work environment in SoHo near many major subway lines
How to Apply
If this sounds like a fit, please apply through our online application form.
Only candidates with an online portfolio or work samples may be shortlisted and contacted. Please clearly state your personal contribution to each project submitted. If you have a blog or other online projects, please send those URLs along too. Extra attention will be given to creative candidates who are active online.
No recruiters, agencies, or phone calls please.