To support and apply Minitab’s Vision Statement and the Development Operations Department Mission and Vision Statement.
Drive effective data design across Minitab products through detailed research and collaboration across levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaborate and work effectively with many levels across of the organization, including Executive Leadership.
Gain and maintain a deep understanding of Minitab users, products, market, technology and corporate strategy.
Develop and continually evolve a data design vision, by maintaining a roadmap for design of data across all Minitab products.
Orchestrate simultaneous tracks of work for product releases, open innovation and thought leadership.
Design effective research strategies to gain insight for future data design, including user experience research and voice of the customer.
Create a system of omni-channel design documentation to support organization product plans.
Pragmatically negotiate design ideas with development’s ease of implementation.
Publish articles and present on the topic of data design when needed.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in design, cognitive psychology, statistics or equivalent.
- 10+ years’ experience working with design of data.
- A well-established portfolio showing proven designs in omni-channel platforms is a must.
- Exceptional spoken, written and graphic storytelling skills.
- Experience designing interfaces used to work with data and the display of data itself.
- Experience in writing commercial code in various languages a plus.
- Previous experience in mobile design desirable.
- Experience working with statisticians and/or have strong background in statistics is a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven management of high performance teams
- Ability to inspire other teams
- Effectively assist and coach others on design vocabulary and process
- Understand and identify ‘chartjunk’
- Willing to travel domestically/globally as required
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.