Brushfire is looking for a Senior iOS developer who is
- driven to create captivating mobile applications;
- experienced in building a published, high-quality, native iOS line-of-business application;
- skilled in layout with an attention to detail,
- stimulated by collaborating with a team to define, design, and ship new features;
- excited by iOS frameworks such as Core Data and Core Animation;
- familiar with offline storage, threading and performance tuning.
Ultimately, we want someone who cares about making great, high-performance software and who will take pride in learning quickly and contributing fully to create an experience our users will love. If that sounds like you, hit us up.
We value your time and efforts, so salary is commensurate with experience and includes benefits. We build a work environment for our staff where people learn and grow with the company. We are collaborative, creative, and innovative, with each person expected to contribute to meaningful outcomes.
Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the US.
Things you’ll be doing:
- Program quality and complete applications using Objective-C and/or Swift.
- Collaborate closely with other developers and graphic designers.
- Participate on multiple projects from concept through completion without continual supervision.
- Provide quality control over in both code and visual concepts/designs.
- Grow to eventually lead sessions in your areas of strength while supervising and inspiring those involved in your process.
Things you really need to have:
- One or more years of experience programming native iOS applications.
- Familiarity with consuming HTTP Web API’s.
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems.
- Ability to communicate fluently, pleasantly, and effectively—both orally and in writing, in the English language—with customers and co-workers.
- Passion, integrity, and energy
Things we think are cool for you to have, but aren’t deal breakers:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with Android/Java mobile development.
- Experience with responsive/mobile web design.
- Familiarity with relational database (SQL) design and/or non-structured persistent data stores (NoSQL)
- Demonstrable experience on past projects (via Github, BitBucket, Google Code, etc). A candidate with an active commit history at a site like these will be favored over a candidate without similar history.
We are Brushfire Technology and we are here to provide churches, ministries, and not-for-profit organizations with world-class event management tools, service, and support. We specialize in events of varying complexity including customizable registration forms as well as general admission and assigned seat ticketed events and compete directly against the largest event management companies in the world. We now have over twenty team members across four states and thrive in a distributed work environment with no physical central office. Qualified applicants should check us out at https://brushfireapp.com.
Small Team, Work from home, Full benefits, and Paid vacation!
Include resume and links to existing work/portfolio (github, dribbble, etc).