- a tech company changing the way the world reads
- a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, magazines, and sheet music
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the role:
The Email / CRM Marketing Manager will implement email programs including promotional emails, lifecycle emails, and automated programs for Scribd’s subscription reading service. The ideal candidate should have strong project management skills, a self-starter attitude, a great eye for detail, and a passion for analytics. This is an excellent opportunity to own and build a global email program with over 30 million subscribers.
- Own email program implementation, including email calendar, marketing and promotional emails, transactional emails, and behavioral trigger programs.
- Produce, launch, schedule, and analyze email campaigns in ExactTarget.
- Conduct email quality assurance to ensure flawless execution.
- Compile campaign results, provide campaign optimization suggestions, identify best practices, and assist in institutionalization of key learnings.
- Develop creative briefs and work directly with designers to facilitate creative development.
- Build and optimize HTML templates.
- Suggest new processes and procedures for enhancing email operations.
- Provide input and new ideas to continuously improve Scribd’s email programs.
- 5+ years in email marketing operations role.
- Hands-on experience with ExactTarget email management system.
- Fast learner and ability to set direction and execute in a quickly evolving environment.
- Knowledge of HTML required and SQL preferred.
- Strong analytical mind.
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Experience working with creative agency and / or designer preferred.
- Ability to learn technical systems and in-house tools quickly.
- Must be able to multitask to meet deadlines while maintaining high quality of work.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
- 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
- We have a small budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- We have a lot of trust with very little bureaucracy
- Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
- Coffee and tea runs every afternoon
- Apple laptops and Thunderbolt displays
- Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Safari West, Stinson Beach, ski trips, etc.)