Note: Although this is a remote position, we are currently only seeking candidates in timezones between UTC-2 and UTC+7.
Hotjar is looking for a driven and ambitious DevOps Engineer with Big Data experience to support and expand our cloud-based infrastructure used by thousands of sites around the world. The Hotjar infrastructure currently processes more than 8300 API requests per second, delivers over a billion pieces of static content every week and hosts databases well into terabyte-size ranges, making this an interesting and challenging opportunity. As Hotjar continues to grow rapidly, we are seeking an engineer who has experience dealing with high traffic cloud based applications and can help Hotjar scale as our traffic multiplies.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a fast growing remote startup in a key position.
In this position, you will:
- Be part of our DevOps team building and maintaining our web application and server environment.
- Choose, deploy and manage tools and technologies to build and support a robust infrastructure.
- Be responsible for identifying bottlenecks and improving performance of all our systems.
- Ensure all necessary monitoring, alerting and backup solutions are in place.
- Do research and keep up to date on trends in big data processing and large scale analytics.
- Implement proof of concept solutions in the form of prototype applications.
- 4 or more years of experience working with Big Data, system administration and DevOps.
- Strong working knowledge of Amazon AWS.
- Experience with Python, Nginx, PostgreSQL, Hadoop and Elasticsearch.
- Experience in any of the following is considered to be an asset: Redis, Memcached, Continuous integration and deployment, Mercurial, Vagrant.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third party