Streamhub is a London based SaaS video analytics startup. We provide big data analytic services for media companies helping them target, grow and monetise loyal video audiences. Our clients are spread worldwide in Europe, Asia and Japan.
If you have a thing for online video, massive volumes of audience data and want to tackle unprecedented business problems, then this could be for you. We are based in TechCity and you can find more details about our work here http://streamhub.co.uk
We are building a robust analytics platform that manages billions of data points accurately to derive contextual insights that helps grow video businesses. This mid-level contractor role is for someone passionate and experienced with big data application of data bases, algorithms, pattern recognition and statistics, to solve problems that will shape the media and advertising industry.
You’ll be a core part of a tight-knit data engineering team with plenty of real-life business challenges to overcome, where what you do will have an immediate impact on household name customers.
- 2 years or more of professional experience in developing big data applications in production
- Proven proficiency in Scala
- Production expertise with Apache Spark
- Great experience with databases - NOSQL and RDBMS (Cassandra a big plus)
- Test-driven software development experience with know-how of tools: version control / build tools / automated testing
- Experience in Search Engines
- Experience with AWS big data stack
- Experience in Prestodb, ETL tools is a plus
- Experience in machine learning / data science
Qualifications & Prerequisites
- Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
- Must have at least 4 years of experience in software engineering overall
- Must have a university Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science
- Must be used to working remotely and meeting deadlines
- Must be able to work more than 3 days per week
Our technology Stack
- AWS big data stack
1. Create batch Spark jobs to generate reports of type time-series and top-series for different kind of metrics and filters
2. Retrieve data from search engine / mysql
3. Inject stats to Cassandra
4. Write APIs / security layers to expose the reports
- Starting date: asap
- Duration: 2-3 months for a project
- Rate: from £150 per day (£2000 - £3000)
- Work days: 4 days or more per week
- Remote working
Remote working with flexible working hours
Please send us your CV together with links to your Github account and/or Linkedin profile.