ABOUT THE POSITION
Our design department at Brickwork is currently seeking an experienced Junior or Senior UI/UX Designer to join our growing team. You will make a direct impact on a variety of interesting projects and work closely with our Product and Design Director as well as our engineering team to create a visually exciting and intuitive product.
We are looking for an individual who has the desire to drive change and improve processes that help us solve problems. You will be given the opportunity to apply your abilities to meaningful work. If you’re the type of person who says, “I have a better way to do this.” we want to hear it. Join our team and excel in a unique environment of talented people revolutionizing retail.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN YOUR ROLE
- Creation of user flows, site maps, content hierarchies, and detailed wireframes.
- High fidelity screen designs for products, and responsive (device agnostic) screen layouts for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
- Creation of supporting artifacts to facilitate communication including presentations, UI kits, style tiles, style guides, and supporting graphic assets for developers.
IN ADDITION, THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE
- Self motivated and driven to motivate others
- Interested in collaboration
- Open minded when listening to feedback
- Someone who thinks in systems and patterns
- Confident when communicating to co-workers and clients
- Productive within a fast paced environment
- Proficient with design and wire-framing tools
- Mindful of organization, margins, spacing, and consistency in their work
- Sensitive to long term project goals and business objectives
- Considerate of timelines, deadlines, and external constraints
YOUR EXPERIENCE SHOULD INCLUDE
- 3-5+ years working as a UI/UX designer or similar role at an agency or in-house at a digital product company.
- An understanding of the Design Process
- Familiarity with lean UX methodology.
- Examples that showcase your ability to problem solve and visually communicate your solutions through information architecture, wireframes, and/or prototyping.
- Visual designs utilizing style guides, UI kits, and high fidelity screens for websites, and digital products.
- Proven experience working successfully within a collaborative environment on challenging projects.
In a world where 90% of retail sales occur in-store but 80% of store customers begin online, Brickwork powers the new Pre-Visit Experience for customers of the world’s leading brands and retailers.
Nike, Kate Spade, Urban Outfitters, J.Crew, Bonobos, and dozens of other global brands and retailers use Brickwork’s SaaS platform to deliver a better pre-visit experience: providing their customers more accurate store information, more access to events and promotions, more personal assistance when they arrive in-store, and more confidence that products are available near them. Brickwork opens a new world of actionable data for marketers and store teams, starting with our unique measure of Digital-to-Store Conversion, to drive traffic, engagement, conversion, and basket size.
We are building a diverse team with bold ideas for the future of the digital marketing, retail and vertical SaaS industries and deep passion for consumer experience. We are headquartered in the heart of NYC’s SoHo shopping district and backed by leading venture firms Safeguard, Recruit, Cowboy, Forerunner, Beanstalk and Advancit.