Finch&Union is a new agency borne from decades of work in digital marketing, sales, and software.
Our Toronto-based digital team delivers qualitative and quantitative analysis to inform our user experience and technical solutions with the goal of delivering positive sales results for our clients.
We are currently ramping up our distributed team and currently seeking a remotely positioned technical developer to work on a regular, ongoing basis with our key clients on project-based work.
This is a unique position that will put you front and centre with top tier Canadian and US clientele, helping to quickly provide design solutions in a fast-paced environment.
Personality trumps skills in our small, evolving studio. Yes, we are looking for experience, but moreover we want someone with a willingness to learn, evolve and push boundaries.
Ideally we are looking for someone with 3-5 years industry experience in small agencies, startups, freelance positions, or any environment where you have worn multiple hats. New grads are also welcome, so don’t let the experience prevent you from applying. This is a business that rewards entrepreneurial leadership as we’re bred from the kind of background that demands keeping on your toes!
Mainly we are looking for:
- Strong communication,
- intuitiveness and thinking with both sides of your brain,
- ability to come up with ideas and solutions,
- a willingness to learn,
- and above all… getting things done!
Technically speaking, a familiarity with:
- Ruby on Rails; Python devs might also see relevant similarities,
- SQL and database management,
- RESTful APIs,
- and server/security management.
- Designing, developing new web-based software,
- maintaining and evolving what has been built,
- working rapidly with minimal specification in a small team environment,
- and providing leadership on the technology side.
Attention to detail is crucial to this role. To be considered, please include your CV and provide a brief cover letter which shows you read and understood the job requirements, and include 1 short paragraph outlining your best project experience