iMerit is a ground-breaking for-profit social impact company providing digital data services to global clients. Founded by successful entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley, we train and employ marginalized youth and women in IT jobs, and provide some of the most sought after data services such as data enrichment, sentiment analysis and data classification. Our customers include cutting-edge companies in technology and e-commerce. Our funders include Omidyar Network, Khosla Impact, and the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation. With 700+ employees, we remain a nimble and fast paced global startup with growing revenues and hands-on leadership.
We are looking for a Content Editor to be the primary force behind the content that drives our marketing, communications, and brand. Reporting to the VP Marketing, and with substantial exposure to the executive team, you will contribute directly to telling the story of iMerit in a way that effectively communicates our business value while honoring our social impact.
This is a hands-on position which requires you to dig deep into understanding the company’s service offerings, map them with the industry trends, and continuously find appropriate messaging to reach the right audience with the right information.
- Create an iMerit communications & content marketing road map, working with sales and marketing teams to identify goals and priorities
- Develop strategy and calendar for and writing/copyediting content for outlets including:
- Leadership decks and presentations for diverse engagements
- Public email communications
- Sales collateral and case studies
- Web and print advertising campaigns
- iMerit website copy & blog content
- Research materials
- Webinars and video
- Award and event submissions
- Ask the right questions to bring out the key messages; proactively keep tabs on new developments within the company and industry and act on resulting opportunities
- Continuously develop ideas and find hooks to promote original content - blog posts, web content, social media content infographics, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with marketers, designers, engineers, and content matter experts to coordinate the creation of various communications
- Work with the marketing operations team to amplify and disseminate content
- B2B experience, preferably in web/cloud related services. We respect B2C experience, but ask you to make the case for how it will apply to this role
- Excellent communication skills - written, spoken, and visual - and fantastic proofreading, fact-checking, and copyediting skills in American English including colloquialisms, tech-speak and marketing copy
- A concise writing style with pristine grammar and vocabulary
- 2+ years’ experience writing copy for digital marketing campaigns including email marketing, web pages, landing pages, and/or Search Engine Marketing.
- Familiarity with Wordpress, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, basic HTML/CSS
- Confidence to deal with top management and external customers to create case studies and decks with fast turnaround
- Broad view of the tech world, and an interest in social impact or international development
- Desire to work from home with occasional travel, availability for global time zone calls/review cycles
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or the equivalent work experience. We’re not hung up on the degree but this has to be your chosen profession, not a side gig.
Great to Have
- Basic knowledge of videography, photography and graphic designing. The more you can do, the more dynamic you can make the role for yourself
- Product Marketing or high tech web services marketing background
- Excellent understanding of SEO/SEM and how to drive it from the content side
- Knowledge of digital marketing and related toolchains for automation
- Hacker mindset to try new approaches to messaging and to adopt new tools and software to improve analysis and metrics
Our team is diverse, multi-cultural, and dynamic. You can work from anywhere in the world, and we’ll come together in the beautiful Bay Area or bustling Kolkata a few times a year to check-in.
Send your CV/resume, a brief cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for the role, and two samples of your work. We leave the specifics up to you to decide, but feel free to include a blog post, eEook, sales collateral, or whatever best shows your content skills!