Lead Full Stack Software Developer Indeed
We’re a small software development and design firm located in downtown San Diego. We are looking for a lead full-stack software developer.
We are looking for a highly reliable and self-disciplined person who can architect complex applications, code everyday, do code reviews and manage a small team of developers.
Ideally you could be described as a polyglot and you’re willing to continually learn a variety of languages and work on multiple exciting projects.
Some of the typical things you’d be doing:
- Write efficient, testable and maintainable code while working in a professional software engineering environment with source control, dev/stage/production release cycles, continuous integration, and deployment.
- High-level architecture and full-stack development for multiple projects across a handful of programming languages.
- Be responsible for the planning, execution and success of projects. Utilize your technical leadership and expertise to guide and manage Jr. developers, both local and remote.
- Participate and give key input related to critical design architecture, design and project discussions across product teams.
- Manage a team of developers to include daily task planning, sprint reviews, code reviews and architecture reviews.
- Work closely with designers, product managers, other developers, stakeholders and clients to ensure project success and meet deadlines.
- Strong CS fundamentals, including good working knowledge of classic algorithms, architectural patterns and data structures.
- You’ve previously developed, deployed and maintained multiple large, complex SaaS platforms.
- 3+ years experience with server-side components such as: Linux/Ubuntu LTS, PHP-FPM, Apache/Nginx, Postgres/MySQL, Redis/Memcache, Solr/ElasticSearch etc.
- 2+ years experience with managing other software developers.
- Experience with TDD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Comprehension of full stack web development using MVC/HMVC frameworks and other libraries such as Laravel, Django, Rails, JQuery and HTML5.
- Extensive experience in developing high-volume API (RESTful JSON) web services.
- Strong communication skills. You can clearly articulate your point of view.
- Proven ability to self-manage with excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Thoroughly understand architectural patterns in order to build everything from small to large, high-scale web/mobile applications.
- Experience developing native mobile iOS and Android applications.
- An affinity for all things Linux.
- Interest in other languages such as Elixir or Golang.
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities.
- You have contributed to Open Source projects and can show examples of your code (e.g: GitHub).
- You enjoy Bourbon, Beer and Coffee.
We’re not only looking for the right skillset but, more importantly, the right attitude and cultural fit (Work hard, play hard).
You’ve got to love technology and solving hard problems. Still interested in learning more? Apply to this post.
Centrally located in beautiful downtown San Diego, Fully Stocked Kitchen, Free parking, Sit/Stand Desks and Steelcase Chairs, Widescreen Monitors and Apple Hardware Provided, Friendly and Flexible Work Environment, Flexible Onsite and Remote Work Schedules, Unlimited Vacation, Frequent Team Events and Outings