Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
ESPN Technology is responsible for software development for consumer products, internal tools for broadcast distribution and media manipulation, building world class studios, transmission and distribution of content and all the cool visuals for live events like the 1st & 10 Line and PylonCam. In total, we have over 1,400 technologists working in 6 development centers around the world.
That said, we have a ton of work to do across our group. We would love to speak with you to see if there is a fit . Plus, share more about what could be a really cool opportunity working in a group that is the future of media and technology.
This is an opportunity to make a real impact on ESPN’s business and products through design and implementation of solutions which change how ESPN creates sports content, and through technology transfer!
The applicant will visually contribute to innovative industry-changing products for both broadcast and digital media, with the focus to deliver high quality leading-edge innovations, from concept to reality. We seek self-motivated, high-performing individuals with a passion for both the business and the technology.
The Office of the CTO reports directly to ESPN’s Chief Technology Officer. This group is responsible for a variety of critical functions in support of the CTO’s work and agenda. The group is a resource for the Chief Technology Officer and his executive team.
- The ideal candidate will lead and participate in designing and implementing interfaces and visualizations for internal and external applications on mobile and desktop platforms.
- Contribute to definition and implementation of solutions, in support of ESPN Technology’s roadmap.
- Develop and prototype solutions and proof of concepts, to demonstrate viability of innovations.
- Partner with development leads on design of next generation of digital technologies created by ESPN.
- Oversee consistency in UX, UI and visual design across all platforms and products, and develops and maintains design style and process guidelines across all implementations.
- Executes design, with an advanced level of proficiency and artistry, including layouts, graphics, photos, icons, color schemes, interface features and transitions.
- Lead the development of interface design concepts and determination of formats prior to execution and implementation
- Provides feedback for concepts and designs
- Has considerable influence on the look and feel of product design elements by means of design innovations
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with all development functions to ensure a best-in-breed production process and environment.
- Ability to collaborate and interact across functional boundaries, to facilitate design and development of innovative solutions.
- Interacts with development leads, executives and colleagues across ESPN’s Technology group regarding assigned design projects
- A minimum of 8 years of strong design experience
- Ability to rapidly iterate through conceptual ideas or designs, and effectively communicate these using low to medium fidelity prototypes, such as sketches, prototypes, wireframes, storyboards and interactive click-through prototypes.
- Understanding of how to create adaptive interfaces that work for multiple device form-factors. User interface development experience (ideally for both desktop and mobile devices).
- Expertise in HTML5 and CSS3
- Ability to lead change and evolve workflows to adapt to industry changes
- Familiarity with common design, development and debugging tools, ideally for both mobile and desktop applications.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills, and the ability to design and develop projects aligned with ESPN’s Technology roadmap.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Design, Visualization, or a related discipline with strong design and development skills
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.