Ready Set Rocket is on the hunt for a highly-skilled, highly conceptual Art Director to join our creative team.
Our Art Directors are the key people behind everything creative our agency produces and are involved in every step of our creative projects, from concepting big ideas to flawless executions of interactive experiences. Fluent in multiple media and with a mastery of all the core creative tools, ADs are responsible for delivering stunning visual solutions to a wide variety of creative challenges, either by executing themselves or working with team members to bring their vision to life.
Art Directors at Ready Set Rocket must have excellent communication skills, both internally and externally. When working with the team, ADs are expected to provide the energy and vision required to inspire and lead younger designers to discover and execute unexpected design solutions for a variety of tasks. When working with clients, ADs are expected to deliver creative solutions through a strategic lens, always looking to apply their creativity to solve the clients needs over their own.
Most importantly, RSR Art Directors must be flexible. At any given time, an Art Director could find themselves executing a new UX for a popular iPad app, briefing a designer on a new identity project, dreaming up a campaign for a new social platform, directing small or large photo or video shoots, managing creative vendor relationships or supporting a last-second pitch opportunity with an editing eye or a visual concept illustration where words won’t do.
- Starting from a creative problem or brief, create stunning conceptual comps that set a creative vision for the project
- Working with designers to guide design projects from kickoff to completion, identifying the right times to execute and the right times to delegate
- Crafting memorable, story-telling visuals to support new business pitch opportunities
- Collaborating effectively with team members across departments, including developers, strategists, analysts and account managers
- Taking responsibility for assigned projects, including understanding the underlying strategy and ensuring delivery within appropriate timelines
- Upholding a top-notch standard on all projects by carefully curating visual choices and editing constantly
- Contributing to the overall creative spark of the team by staying on top of industry trends and pro-actively sharing ideas to foster evolution within the team
- Regularly leading creative-focused meetings with clients, spearheading creative discovery or presenting work as needed by the Creative Director
- Contributing to creative strategy sessions by providing big ideas for campaigns or creative insights to build from
The ideal candidate would have:
- 5+ years working in the industry
- 2+ years of agency experience
- Currently in an Art Director role
- A strong breadth of work, showing polished examples of real-world projects for significant clients
- Experience designing for both digital and print, with a particular fluency in designing amazing interactive experiences
- Mastery of core Adobe Creative Suite products and an interest in learning new tools as needed
- Strong conceptual thinking and the ability to clearly communicate abstract creative concepts
- Excellent presentation skills and an interest in working with clients to apply creative solutions to strategic business problems
- Leadership DNA and the desire to help mentor younger designers in their creative growth
If this sounds like you and you would be excited at the prospect of taking on a creative leadership role at one of the fastest growing digital agencies in the city, we’d love to talk with you!
This position is full-time and NYC-based only. No recruiters please.