The Content Marketing Senior Manager will join a small but fast-paced team with a scrappy attitude and a love for creative marketing. This individual will have ownership of three areas –
- Reinventing and refreshing our content engagement strategy for current National Journal members and subscribers
- Reinventing our content marketing strategy, particularly the content that helps acquire new members
- Producing and distributing digital content, including publications, newsletters, thought leadership, videos, website updates
This position reports directly to the Executive Director, Marketing and Product Strategy for National Journal.
National Journal is a membership-based company focused on policy and politics. Our members include Capitol Hill offices, executive agencies, companies with Government Affairs offices, law firms, lobbying firms, public relations firms, and more. Our tools, research, and advisory services make them more effective and efficient at what they do.
- You live and breathe policy and politics
- You have experience writing wonderful content in a variety of formats
- You can think strategically and tactically – with an ability to figure out a broader email and engagement strategy, while still diving into specific copy
- You can take complex consulting work products, ask the right questions, and develop insightful and compelling case studies
- You enjoy taking ownership of projects, campaigns, and deliverables
- You can synthesize complex business research into smaller bites and a compelling narrative
Attributes Particular to the Role:
- Intellectually Curiosity: a natural interest in learning how things work, and a willingness to persistently question (even challenge) why it works that way
- Clear Communication: an ability to identify the best vehicle for teaching an idea, and to communicate those ideas via clear prose and compelling visuals
- Creativity, Entrepreneurialism: an ability and interest to support redesign of how team shares research, through new digital and non-digital teaching formats
About Atlantic Media, Inc.:
Atlantic Media is dedicated to equipping opinion leaders with breakthrough ideas and original insights. Its powerful brands, including The Atlantic, Quartz, Government Executive, and National Journal reach leaders across all sectors—consumer, business, media, and government. Strategically designed to meet the unique needs of this community, Atlantic Media’s innovative portfolio of digital, print, event, social, and mobile platforms engages an influential audience of over 45 million worldwide each month.
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.