Senior Software Engineer (Full time)
Do you like football, data and technology? Ever think about what influences NFL decision-makers around in-game coaching, draft or free agency, how they scout their opponents, set player lineups and call winning plays? Ever wonder where color commentators get their information? How they know so much, can respond instantly to live events and carry the storyline of sport beyond the field of play supported by a seemingly endless depth of data points?
We have the answer. Cris Collinsworth’s Pro Football Focus (PFF) is the industry’s best kept secret, the heart of a football data science revolution. PFF’s 250 football expert analysts and a network of former coaches and players pour over more than 50 hours of video per game to capture 140 data points and insights that matter most to produce unique PFF grades and positional rankings for every player on every play in every game.
PFF is a dynamic fast moving company with significant growth potential. We are always on the lookout for talented people to join our team.
We are proud of the work that we do, and wouldn’t be successful without our passionate team of dedicated people. If you’ve got the desire to be a part of a creative and innovative group of professionals in a fun and rewarding environment, then we invite you to check out our current opening in our Software Development group below.
Work with our existing development team to deliver first class software solutions to a growing business. The successful applicant will be able to operate effectively within our organization at any stage of the software development process and will need to be hard working, self-motivated and love what you do. This role reports to the CTO.
Skills & Experience
- Full stack web development experience with versatility across client, server and database tiers
- Experience of engineering production-ready systems that scale
- A solid grounding of web app architecture and modern web frameworks
- A passion for learning new technologies coupled with an ability to learn new skills quickly
- An ability to work as either a self-guided team member or project team leader is essential
- Comfortable using distributed version control, like Git
- Experience of Linux including command line use, configuration and tools
- Architectural or operational experience of building cloud based solutions on AWS highly advantageous
We operate a varied tech stack including, but not limited to: Rails, React, Elixir, Angular, PHP, Wordpress, Redis, Memcache, PostgreSQL, MySQL
We provide very competitive wages, generous paid-time-off, health, vision, and dental insurance.
Pro Football Focus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.