Tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world after water. Rich in tradition and ritual, tea also has the ability to transform our body, mind and spirit. Teforia will combine the knowledge of a tea master with the best in modern technology to transform the tradition of tea into a modern sensory experience.
Our stunningly-beautiful connected machine intuitively understands the best infusion method for each tea varietal, reading each tea package and automatically initiating the optimal brewing recipe. Teforia makes the delicate, complicated process of infusion a simple, enjoyable experience and produces a perfect cup of tea every time.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Teforia, you will have the opportunity to design, implement, and maintain software components to address a variety of needs both internal and consumer-facing. We are a small team that offers a great deal of autonomy and ownership, and we move quickly!
This will be a pivotal role for both Teforia’s immediate success and future growth. You will be in a tremendously influential, highly-visible position within the organization, including regular collaboration with both the engineering team and across various departments.
- Build and iterate on the companion mobile applications for the Teforia infuser and the Teforia Partner ecosystem
- Design and implement internal tools to automate operations
- Develop an analytics system to provide metrics on business, products, and customer interactions
- Investigate and rapidly prototype features and products
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 3+ years of professional software development experience with both scripting and compiled languages
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including deep understanding of client/server communication, design patterns (such as model-view-controller, interfaces, delegates), and asynchronous function calls
- Experience with software unit testing
- An aptitude for network debugging
- Demonstrated understanding of the concept of identity and authentication as well as invariants and data consistency
- The courage and ability to deep dive into unfamiliar code
- Familiarity and experience with analytics (preferably Google Analytics)
- An ability to hack SQL queries to retrieve analytics data
- Experience with Curl, Telnet, and/or MTR for network debugging
- Python experience
- Golang experience
- A love of tea and the culture that surrounds it
What We Can Offer You:
- Market-competitive salary and fantastic benefits
- Equity in a strongly-backed startup with huge potential
- A collaborative team of driven and motivated individuals in a fast, exciting startup working environment
- Tea, lots of amazing tea!