A LITTLE ABOUT US
Four years ago, Form & Affect was born over a cold beer, right here in the heart of Niagara’s wine country. We began building custom websites for local businesses and in the years since, our design-driven approach has led to opportunities we couldn’t have imagined. Today, our clients range from small local start-ups to established global brands with specialized strategies and complex digital needs. The opportunity to service these clients is challenging and exciting.
We’re currently seeking a creative, experienced Front-End Developer to work on location in our downtown St. Catharines studio. With rock-solid skills and an eye for good design, you’ll help fulfill our commitment to technical excellence while we double down on the design-focused ways that got us here.
WE WANT YOU ON OUR TEAM BECAUSE:
- You’re a bright, talented front-end developer with an impressive portfolio of modern sites and applications built with beautiful, semantic HTML & CSS.
- You’re able to think through user experience issues before diving into the code and you always believe in a best practice approach.
- You love user interface patterns or styleguides and take a framework-like approach to your code.
- You are careful, conscientious and incredibly meticulous; you sweat the details, but don’t let them hold you back.
- You know the importance of a site performing well across browsers and devices and you don’t mind testing them over and over again to ensure we ship quality work. You also know the ins-and-outs of browser and device inconsistencies and how to solve them.
- You aren’t married to your ideas. You can shift gears easily when things change and you stay focused on the big picture, while adapting quickly on tight deadlines.
- You see feedback as an opportunity to collaborate, learn, teach and grow.
- You’re intensely proud of the work you do and willing to do whatever it takes to do it right.
- You’re a self-starter with the ability to estimate, balance, and adhere to timelines and you prefer mentorship over management.
- You’re a good communicator. You like being part of a team that is supportive and respectful of each other. You proactively share information that others need to move their work forward, you ask for help when you need it.
- You have a thirst for learning and applying the latest technologies and techniques.
IT WOULD BE REALLY GREAT IF:
- You have experience with content management systems like ExpressionEngine and Craft.
- You toy with one-page apps and JS frameworks like React or Angular.
- You know PHP can still be hip.
- You drool over SVG/JS/CSS-based animations.
- You’re intrigued by WebGL, threeJS and the like.
- You’re comfortable with tools such as grunt/gulp, SASS, and GIT.
- You’ll happily take a Sketch comp to the goal line.
- You have contributed open source code.
- You have a love of UI, typography, branding and all things design.
YOU’LL LIKE WORKING WITH US BECAUSE:
- We choose our clients carefully and deeply care about their success.
- We work reasonable hours and believe very strongly in work-life balance.
- We work in one of the best wine and craft beer regions of the world.
- We’re a small, tight-knit, professional team who are driven to do world-class work together.
- We take paid holidays and vacation time.
- We work on everything from cool start-up businesses to global sporting events.
- We work in a collaborative design environment, with impromptu sing-alongs.
- We have strong core values that align with honest, humble and loyal work with our clients and employees.
- We believe in personal and professional growth and support that whenever and however we can.
- We’re growing and you’ll have a serious opportunity to help chart our path.
If this sounds like you and peaks your interest, hit us up with a link to an online portfolio that demonstrates thoughtful and well-executed work and tell us why you’d be a great fit.