Our San Francisco-based retailer client has us recruiting for just the right seasoned Social Media Marketing Manager to create a strategic social media and public relations roadmap to build value from social media and PR and measure and analyze it to drive business results. S/he will think and act strategically, ensure advance planning of initiatives and create big ideas while having the ability, diligence, attention to detail and passion to execute on the strategy. The Social Media Marketing Manager will work collaboratively with internal and external partners to recommend social strategies in order to drive traffic, and increase customer acquisition, engagement, and revenue. This role will be critical in advising how social and PR can be used in the continued development of a great brand, sharing learnings and planning and innovating for the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the marketing teams and business leaders, to understand overall business objectives and translate these into actionable social media and PR growth strategies
• Lead the annual planning process, including recommendation of social and PR strategies with accompanying ROI forecasts for brand budgeting purposes
• Use and pro-actively gather/listen and act on the voice of the customer that arises from social to help inform product development opportunities and marketing activities
• Review marketing analytics to make informed decisions going forward surrounding social media campaigns, messaging, targeted influencers, and more
• Manage social media plan and budget to make recommendations on how to drive the brand through social within an ever-changing environment
Measurement / Reporting / Tools:
• Define and re-fine social media KPIs and value for the brand. Ensure tools and/or resources, processes are in place.
• Create monthly / quarterly social media learnings/insights.
• Compile and distribute quarterly reports to management on overall social media program performance – ensuring clear insights/actions is the focus, rather than just data
• Analyze and make recommendations on emerging social media and digital trends
Best Practices / Content:
• Provide research, recommendations and insight to the company on getting the most value out of social to meet business objectives
• Work with internal teams to meet PR and media requests
• Set up Best Practices presentations to ensure company is fully schooled on Social Media Guidelines
• Manage a digital resource center for social media and PR
• Oversee implementation and training of internal teams on corporate social media tools and the internal point person for ongoing questions, issues etc.
• Develops and manages content calendar as well as content guidelines and standards
• Work with external agency partners and internal teams to identify value opportunities and new revenue and brand opportunities with social media & PR
• Work with Marketing Director to create innovative pilots
• Be passionately in tune with the latest Social Media developments
• Leads and manages external agencies on development and execution of social media programs
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with social influencers across categories and interests
• Serves as main point of contact for editorial/media and stylist contacts and needs
• Drive social engagement and integration strategy across channels, maximizing inherent differences while presenting an integrated, relevant experience for users
• Provide strategic leadership on use of social programs, budget, and resources within marketing
• Own the brand’s presence across social channels, including sites like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
• 7-10 years of experience in a marketing communications role, preferably in a publishing, media, marketing or advertising environment, with a minimum 4 years of experience in the digital environment and 3-4 years within social media
• Working knowledge of social media measurement and publishing tools
• Previous experience building strategic relationships to best leverage available social platforms eg. Facebook, Google (YouTube, Google+), Twitter, etc.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present groups of all sizes
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work effectively with all levels of management, team members, customers and outside partners
• Experience with guiding and managing external agency partners
• Strong creative eye and intuition, attention to detail and follow through
• Works well in a team environment and adapts to company culture Marketing
Great benefits! Cool offices! Fun projects! Drama free and lovely team! Less layers, work directly with leaders! Pride and ownership of your work! Your ideas will be heard and executed! Awesome quality of life / work balance! Growth opportunities galore!
Sell us your “Why Me!” Show us your stuff. Make us pick up the phone to call you.