We have an opportunity for a Senior Full Stack Developer with top-shelf skills to join our tight and talented team in Toronto (no remote—sorry). You’ll be collaborating closely with strategy, design, and contributing your skills with the Dev team. We are a fast-paced agency with a full pipeline.
You’ll be bringing your existing skill set and helping us evolve our stack on a wide range of projects. We’re currently a very heavy LAMP stack shop but have a number of projects that fall outside this wheelhouse.
You’ll be working with clients like Fitbit, eHealth Ontario, City of Toronto (GreenP), and Toshiba (to name a few) to push unexpectedly clever features and functionality to existing and new web properties and applications. We’d like you to be curious and courageous enough to bring new technologies into the fold. You have a chance to be part of a small team and make a huge impact on how things are done.
The kind of personality we’re looking for is someone who is both detail oriented but also sees the big picture. You’re interested in supporting your team and you enjoy growing your skills by rising to challenges. You’re flexible and open and understand that clients aren’t an impediment to doing great work, rather, they are an opportunity to do your best work. You’re a great communicator who strives to create context and visibility for everyone involved on a project. You use We more than I. You have contributed to the dev community and your passion for technology is clearly demonstrated through development related networks (Codepen, Git) and commentary/opinion channels (Medium, your own blog, Twitter, Instagram).
- 3-5+ years of agency or product team experience.
- Extensive experience with jQuery and jQuery plugins
- Frontend Frameworks like Bootstrap and Foundation are a must
- Extensive experience with responsive SCSS
- Experience with Bower, NPM, Grunt, and/or Gulp
- Git and GitHub knowledge is essential
- A knack for writing semantically meaningful, object orientated and reusable code
- You can show us your work with CSS animations and transitions
- Familiarity with building for accessibility and AODA Compliance
- Working with payment gateways and commerce platforms like Stripe, PayPal, Shopify, and Magento
- A good understanding of client-side performance tuning, security and optimization (caching, CDNs, request management, cookies, http, https, etc.)
- PHP frameworks, specifically Laravel
- Ruby on Rails
- Write/maintain applications using PHP Frameworks and ORMs:
- Wordpress Expertise
- Deployment and maintenance of core WP and plugins.
- WP-CLI and Composer for updates
- Roll own plugins
- Use Wordpress best practices for JS and CSS management
- Performance tuning with caching plugins and CDNs
- Security monitoring and hardening (Wordfence, etc)
- Ability to work with third-party APIs
- Input and output CSV, Excel and PDF documents
- Maintain Ubuntu and CentOS servers.
- Provision new VMs on DigitalOcean, Linode and Peer1
- AWS: S3 and Cloudfront are musts.
- DNS management
- SSL Configuration (A+ scores in SSLLabs earn extra points)
- SSH Key access control for the team.
Full benefits package, Hardware Credit, Professional Development Credit, Flexible PTO, Beautiful dog friendly office, Monthly team building activities (indoor sky diving etc), Team lunches on Friday, Small team environment