We look for designers who believe there are no boundaries between form and function, and who think the feel of a product should come from its user experience as much as its look. We believe designers are basically strategists who express strategy through design.
Creating digital products is a team game. Our methodology emphasizes intense collaboration, early prototyping and testing, and so many iterations you’ll lose count. Designers work closely with product managers, Strategists, and Developers to create digital products and services that reshape industries. Our Partners are hands on and you’ll work directly with them — no middle management here.
Work & Co (work.co) makes the digital products and experiences people use every day. Now in our third year, we have won the attention of some of the smartest brands in the world, including Virgin America, Apple, Chase, and Target. Work & Co has offices in Brooklyn, Portland, and Rio de Janeiro. This position is based in our Portland office, and will work across offices.
What You Can Expect to Do:
- Stay 100% focused on making great digital products—that’s all we care about.
- Work iteratively on initial concepts, wires, user flows, and prototypes informed by user research, marketplace and behavior trends, and your best ideas.
- Participate in all phases, from strategy to launch to optimization (this job is not just about making wireframes or participating in one phase).
What We’re After:
- 5+ years experience designing digital products across a variety of platforms
- Proven ability to solve complex UX problems and the product strategy skills to deliver best-in-class solutions
- Ability to uncover and utilize business truths and user behaviors that help define a great product
- Experience creating and moderating user tests, leading user research exercises, analyzing user behavior, creating IA, taxonomies, etc. for digital products
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and present your findings
- Experience working in a highly iterative, collaborative environment where people share work daily
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with prototyping tools