We look for Design Directors who see no boundaries between form and function, and who think the feel of a product should come more from how it works than how it looks. We believe designers are basically strategists who express strategy through design.
Creating digital products is a team game. Our methodology emphasizes intense collaboration, early prototyping and testing, and so many iterations you’ll lose count. Design Directors work closely with Product Managers, Strategists, and Developers to create digital products and services that reshape industries while mentoring other in the Work & Co Design team. Our Partners are hands on and you’ll work directly with them — no middle management here.
Work & Co (work.co) makes the digital products and experiences people use every day. Now in our third year, we have won the attention of some of the smartest brands in the world, including Virgin America, Apple, Chase, and Target. Work & Co has offices in Brooklyn, Portland, and Rio de Janeiro. This position is based in our Portland office, and will work across offices.
What You Can Expect to Do:
- Stay 100% focused on making great digital products—that’s all we care about.
- Work iteratively on initial concepts, prototypes, and detailed designs informed by user research, marketplace and behavior trends, and your best ideas.
- Participate in a hands-on manner through all product phases, from strategy to launch to optimization (this job is not just about making wireframes or participating in one phase).
What We’re After:
- Proven ability to propose creative concepts during initial project phases and the ability to deliver on those ideas and the ideas of others through detailed design.
- Proven ability to solve complex UX problems and the product strategy skills to deliver best-in-class visual design solutions
- Ability to uncover and utilize business truths and user behaviors that help define a great product
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and present your work
- Experience working in a highly iterative, collaborative environment where people share work daily
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with prototyping tools