This position provides web marketing services that support the university’s internet marketing efforts. Position will focus on website content, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), and website analytics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Senior Web Services Manager and other members of the marketing unit in maximizing the internet marketing efforts for the www.calbaptist.edu website as well as the university’s online advertising campaigns.
- Manage search engine optimization by conducting keyword research, link-building, improving existing web content, creating new web content as needed, and measuring organic traffic.
- Manage search engine marketing by creating and managing pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns, and conducting keyword research.
- Manage website analytics using Google Analytics and other analytic tools to create and monitor visitor conversion campaigns, reduce website bounce rates, increase existing visitor conversions, and monitor other metrics as needed.
- Support retargeting efforts by recommending execution strategies and implementing them, including but not limited to researching and recommending retargeting technology methods and technology vendors.
- Write content for web pages, pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns, and other internet campaigns as needed.
- Create regular reports measuring performance of internet marketing efforts including but not limited to web analytics, search engine ranking, and pay-per-click campaigns.
- Stay current on internet marketing trends, including but not limited to changes in search engine optimization strategy, search engine marketing, and industry best practices.
- Meet project deadlines set by supervisor. Proactively communicate with supervisor when completion by deadline in jeopardy.
- Work on multiple concurrent projects while maintaining high standards of excellence, conformity to university standards and positive, cooperative attitude.
- Share and consistently express division’s commitment to express Christ’s attitude of service, excellence, humility and dignity in each interaction with university clients and external vendors.
Other duties may be assigned.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM/inbound/outbound marketing terms, execution strategies, and industry best practices as well as web analytics and marketing tools including Google Analytics and Google AdWords.
- Skill in SEO/SEM, web analytics, and Adobe Creative Suite and content management applications.
- Proficient-level writing and editing skills
- A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
- Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CBU’s benefits plans include medical, dental, vision, long term disability, Section 125 reimbursement, and retirement (with some plans eligible for contribution matching).