Chapman and Cutler LLP seeks a Web Developer to join our Practice Innovations Department. We look forward to identifying a candidate who will assist the team as we work with attorneys, clients and other Firm departments to develop solutions that that promote attorney productivity, enhance efficiency, improve client service and deliver innovative solutions to address our clients’ needs. This position will report to the Director of Practice Innovation.
The ideal candidate will be interested in delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that automate legal tasks, facilitate knowledge capture and reuse, and enhance business workflows. Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design and prototype web-based tools and platforms.
- Full-stack application development.
- Web services and API work. Extend and integrate internal and third-party systems.
- Code management.
- Suggest and promote architectural and environment recommendations.
- Work to gain understanding of our internal customers and client needs.
- Troubleshoot issues and resolve as appropriate – i.e. software bugs, user errors, etc.
- Continuously look for ways to improve our solutions and the end user experience.
- Experience: 1-3 years of experience with full-stack web development, including proficiency with the following:
- HTML, CSS, SASS, Bootstrap
- SQL and relational databases. Non-relational, NoSQL a plus
- XML, JSON, YAML, data exchange formats
- RESTful APIs
- Self-starter, willing to learn new languages, frameworks and overall technologies.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service in delivering results through our tools, promoting adoption of new processes and utilization of new resources.
- Pragmatic approach to working within confines of various enterprise systems and finding cross-system solutions.
- Knowledge of cross-browsers and how they interact with our systems.
- Familiarity with evaluation, selection and implementation of third party software.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and apply lessons learned to future projects.
Please submit a cover letter and resume. All applicants will be considered; however, the hiring decision will be made based on qualifications for the position.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.