We are Phuse, a Toronto-based agency that crafts beautiful user experiences for web and mobile. For the last 7 years, we’ve partnered with startups, small businesses, and large organizations to solve problems with thoughtful design and bulletproof development. Some of our clients include NASA, Amazon, Facebook, and AT&T. We’re looking for the right person to help us win new business and achieve ongoing sustainable growth.
- Actively qualify and develop new leads for new business sales opportunities, by cold calling, email, networking, event attendance, and referrals.
- Conduct a Needs Analysis to identify critical customer objectives and project requirements.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our offerings, technical capabilities, and differentiating value for conversations with prospective clients.
- Collaborate to define scope for client projects and build achievable estimates.
- Produce professional proposals and conduct sales presentations.
- Manage the sales process from lead generation, to proposal, negotiation of terms, and to close.
- Work closely with various technology partners to cultivate relationships while developing new leads, joint business opportunities, and value positions.
- Manage all sales opportunities and projects using a CRM, Slack, and Trello.
- Encourage customers to become enthusiastic ambassadors for Phuse.
- Report to the CEO and Head of Operations, and provide regular updates of sales activities so as to facilitate conversations with team members and to develop forecasts and plans.
- Based in Toronto.
- Experienced with outside consultative sales, preferably in a professional services or technology setting.
- Curious and constantly learning new things.
- Experienced in building new business from scratch, and maintaining business relationships which could open doors to additional opportunities.
- An effective and enthusiastic communicator who is unafraid to ask questions. Your excellent communicating applies to management and internal teams, negotiations with clients, navigating obstacles and responding strategically to clients’ needs.
- Experienced in working on or managing web and mobile projects.
- Actively interested and engaged in the tech industry.
- Prompt at answering emails and Slack messages, and good at maintaining Inbox Zero.
- A sincere and authentic salesperson - Aggressive and pushy closers need not apply!
Brownie Points if you can tell us why user experience is important and why someone would use React over Angular, and vice-versa.
• 30-hour work week working from your home office
• Base salary (negotiable based on experience and performance) plus commissions
• Quarterly incentives for hitting sales targets
Once you’ve been with Phuse for 3 months:
• Open vacation days
• Various stipends for Education, Healthy Lifestyle and Home Office needs
Ready to get started?
If you think you’re the person for the job, you should send an email to email@example.com with the subject “[Your name] - Application for Business Developer” and include:
(1) A personal cover letter (we don’t can our pitches, and neither should you), including where you found this posted
(2) Your resume / CV
(3) A funny raccoon-related GIF
We’ll get back in touch ASAP to schedule an interview if we feel like you’re a good fit.
Phuse welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Please, no recruiters, teams, services, or agencies: we’re looking for individuals.